Merchandise Purchased on Board

Sammigar

We purchased 2 watches while on board which we gave to our sons when we got home. One watch did run at all and the other watch, the buckle broke the first time my son wore it. Has anyone had a similar problem? How do we return them/exchange them? I tried emailing Celebrity, but it' been 5 days and no answer. Thanks for your help!

We purchased 2 watches while on board which we gave to our sons when we got home. One watch did run at all and the other watch, the buckle broke the first time my son wore it. Has anyone had a similar problem? How do we return them/exchange them? I tried emailing Celebrity, but it' been 5 days and no answer. Thanks for your help!

All Celebrity did was rent the store space to the company you bought it from. That seller is an independent contractor. You will need to look at any paperwork you got with the watches to see what recourse if any you have for a warranty on them.

I have read stories similar to yours SO many times that I would NEVER buy anything on board a cruise ship that might need to be returned or repaired. It just isn't worth it. Despite their claims of high end merchandise more often you hear that it just isn't.

This is posted on Celebrity's web site under FAQ:

Q: I have a question or concern regarding a purchase made during my sailing. Who can I contact?A: We partner with many fine vendors in order to bring you the best vacation experience possible. In order to provide specialized support, specific to your purchase, please locate the corresponding vendor information below. They'll be happy to assist you with your questions or concerns and are typically able to respond with a resolution within 5-7 business days.

For all inquiries regarding purchases made in the gift shops onboard all Celebrity ships please contact:

Starboard Cruise Services, Inc.

8034 NW 14th St.

Miami, FL 33126

1-800-540-4785

Mary Lou

It would be great if Celebrity offers the same warranty for items purchase on board as they do for items purchased in select stores ashore.

Not only is post cruise service non existent even when you go via your CC. The store staff it horrible.

If you find something you can not live without, use a CC for this purchase instead of putting it on your onboard account. This way your claim does not have to go through the cruise line.

Edited by The Viking

Are you talking about the $20 watches they sell or the name brand watches?

$20 watches are junk .. bought one once .. never kept accurate time .. trashed it.

Buy a Citizen watch onboard just about every cruise. Name brand watches come with maufacturer's U.S. warrany .. you are covered.

Edited by bigeagle12

The name brand watches come with the name brand warranty honored most anywhere. If they're Bijou Terner, the warranty lasts until you get out the door!

I guess I am lucky...I bought two Bijou Tener watches on two different cruises (different lines also)...both lasted for years..... Yes, they are fashion items and you get what you pay for but for 10-15 buck they fun fashion items...

:rolleyes:

We are fortunate and have purchased several watches and pieces of jewelry on several ships and have been very fortunate. I've bought Tags, Citizens, Guccis, Tanzanite and diamonds and have always done well. I always check the prices either on line or while in port and have done well onboard. We did have an issue with one watch and the US warranty took care of the problem without a hitch.

Why would you buy a watch on a ship, its junk.

Why would you buy a watch on a ship, its junk.

It was our first cruise, ever. You hear about great deals and duty free and all that, we figured it was a useful souvenir our sons would actually wear and use. We were just the suckers they were looking for. But no more. You can bet, we won't be doing any shopping at all in the stores onboard on future cruises.