Promenade room vs oceanview?

We're trying to decide which cabins to book on a 5 night Liberty of the Seas cruise for November. My first thought was the Family Cabins but after hearing the negatives about only one bathroom, I started checking other options.

Since we can get 3 Promenade cabins on Deck 8 for $200 less then 2 connecting Oceanview cabins on Deck 2, we're considering that option. We can get 3 cabins next to each other and 2 are connecting. The oldest two kids (20 and 15) can share the non-connecting cabins.

SOOOO, is this the right decision? What are the disadvantage of the promenade rooms? Are they loud?

I'd take 3 PR's on deck 8 over OV's on deck 2. They are bigger cabins with a seating area that could accommodate your whole group.

What are the cabin numbers? There is a sticky at the top of this forum that shows exactly where the PR cabins are located on the Freedom, which would be the same as the Liberty.

Deck 8 is more centrally located - 3 decks up to the pool deck and 3-5 decks down to dining.

Can only speak from being on the Navigator, Adventure, and Explorer, but, we used to do balcony cabins, and decided to try a promenade cabin about 5 cruises ago. For some reason, we fell in love with the promenade cabins. It has nothing to do with price, even though for some, that is a factor, but we love to look out over the promenade floor, and feel for the amount of time we stay in the room, it is just fine.

Again...this is all personal preference. We love the balcony cabins too, and used to sit outside on the balcony a lot for breakfast, a mid afternoon break, and even relax on the balcony before bed. I guess we became more flexible, and, could live with either one.

You have to make up your own mind on price, and how you might feel. If you were comparing a promenade cabin to a balcony, I would think the decision might be a bit more difficult. However, if you're comparing an "Oceanview" to a "Promenade" cabin, and the Promenade cabin is $200 less, I would think it would be an easy choice to choose the Promenade. Why? Because when you think about it, both rooms do have a window. The Oceanview room lets you see some of the ocean, and the Promenade room lets you see the all of the activity inside the ship where all the shops and pubs are. If you get an Oceanview room with just a small port hole style window, that will be actually smaller than the Promenade room window.

For $200 less, I'd look at all the people and shops below, and, for what little water you could see outside the window of an Oceanview room, I'd just go on one of the outdside decks and look at the Ocean from all 4 sides.

Dave

We were on Explorer in a Promenade cabin - it was toward the front end of the Promenade. It is fun to look our and see the people during the day. But I could hear the music during the parades/parties. So if you have light sleepers, it could be annoying.

What deck were you on? We have heard that Deck 8 is quieter and we are thinking of trying one of those.

I would go with 3 PR rooms

We've had two connecting promenade rooms and the family promenade room on 7th deck, and we really liked them. Plus the windows seats are nice to sit and watch parades, people watch at times. I would go with the PR rooms as cheaper, one extra bathroom. Other than during the parades, didn't hear any noise. We also, though, made sure weren't over a bar, etc.

I've gotten the promenade 3x on the explorer, and gotten the connecting rooms, i think it's a better deal than the window rooms and gives you 20 extra feet than a normal interior cabin. The sound is never an issue and i like the light it gives and the bench.:)

We just did a 5 night Liberty cruise last Feb. We had a promenade cabin on I do believe it was deck 8. It was our first time in a Promenade view cabin. We really liked it. You could hear the parade but it was a muffled sound and they aren't late any way. I liked sitting on the window seat looking down people watching!! Just keep the curtains drawn when you're dressing:eek:

I had a forward Promenade on Deck 6 on the Explorer and as mentioned you could (muffled) hear the parades but there wasn't any other noise to speak of at all. I'd take the 3 Promenade in a heartbeat…. and 99% of the time I'm on a balcony or above. So from a "balcony snob" I'd be happy w/ 3 Promenades… and 3 bathrooms!!!

We often book promenade cabins. The cabins are larger than an inside and have 2 love seats -- one at the window onto the promenade and one perpendicular to it. We've never had a problem with noise but are usually watching the parades and other performances from the window. (Best seats in the house.)

Watch for price decreases! We had some great price drops on our 2 Jan Liberty sailings, both in promenade cabins and our b2b on the Adventure also in promenade cabins.