brmoqueen

Night 1 = Mojo

Night 2 = Saffron

Night 3 = Pimento

Night 4 = Shiitake

Night 5 = Basil

Night 6 = Jasmine

Night 7 = Pomodoro

At least this was a 7 night Oasis in October.

On the 7 night on Serenade that we recently completed it was

Night 1 - Mojo

Night 2 - Saffron

Night 3 - Pimento

Night 4 - Pomodoro

Night 5 - Basil

Night 6 - Jasmine

Night 7 - Portobello.

So we didn't have Shiitake at all, which kind of disappointed me. I love the harira soup. We ate at Giovanni's Table on Night 4 and in Chops on Night 6, so we missed Pomodoro and Jasmine.

My favorite menu was Pimento, but then again I absolutely love Italian food. The lasagna was some of the best I've had as of late and the eggplant was delicious as well. After trying several new items on previous nights, it was kinda comforting to try some dishes that I knew and loved!

I do miss the onion tart and the mushrooms in blue cheese sauce from the old menu, but really like a lit of the new offerings. I am comfortable asking for different sides if I am not crazy about the ones offered.

On the shiitake menu we live the ceviche, carpaccio and the soups. We have really enjoyed the lamb (but totally appreciate that many people do not care for lamb), the sole and the pork Oscar.

Interesting! Do you know if there is anyway to check it out so I can plan specialty dining ?

The order of the me us is not officially listed anywhere however many have been posted here on CC. Of you can't find yours start a new thread and ask, just give the date and sailing.

You could also ask on a roll call for a sailing prior to your cruise.

We just head to the MDR when we board, find out the order the menus are being served and then make our specialty restaraunt reservations.

Here is be link to the menus if you don't have it.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-kit/9/culinary-press-kit/

The order of the me us is not officially listed anywhere however many have been posted here on CC. Of you can't find yours start a new thread and ask, just give the date and sailing.

You could also ask on a roll call for a sailing prior to your cruise.

We just head to the MDR when we board, find out the order the menus are being served and then make our specialty restaraunt reservations.

Here is be link to the menus if you don't have it.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-kit/9/culinary-press-kit/

Keep in mind though that the press kit neglects to include either the Portobello or Thyme menus - as I mentioned in my post, we didn't have Shiitake during our cruise in favor of Portobello.

Twice a year I go away with 2 friends (not cruising) for a long weekend, and generally I cook dinner, and they sort out breakfasts and lunch.

The Shiitake menu is exactly the kind of problem we run into all the time. I love both mushrooms and seafood, particularly prawns. I could find loads of things on that menu to pick from. The guys both hate mushrooms and prawns, so every time I have to run my planned menu by them in advance :) If they ever come cruising with me and that menu pops up, they'll think I planned it deliberately!

We are on the Serenade in March and based on someone who went a few weeks ago (from the compass) the order will be (exactly what Garnett* posted)

Night 1 - Mojo

Night 2 - Saffron

Night 3 - Pimento

Night 4 - Pomodoro

Night 5 - Basil

Night 6 - Jasmine

Night 7 - Portobello

I was looking through some pics of menus posted and they look like they differ from what Royal has posted (the Jasmine menu I have from RCI as the Fisherman's plate but the picture of the Shiitake menu they had was the Jasmine menu I had - confused :confused:. Does anyone have pics of these menus or info on what's on them?

This is my favorite menu because of the rack of lamb and the gyozo. The gyozo (better known in our area as potstickers or Chinese dumplings) is not enough as an entree - they only give you five dumplings with no vegetables or garnishes - I always order it and ask it be brought instead as an appetizer. I also like the ceviche and the cold soup. For me it's the most interesting menu and I try never to miss it!

Our waiter foresaw that the gyoza entree was not going to be enough to fill me and so brought 2 gyoza entres without my even requesting this. I am glad he did, it was good but indeed small in portion.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

We are on the Serenade in March and based on someone who went a few weeks ago (from the compass) the order will be (exactly what Garnett* posted)

Night 1 - Mojo

Night 2 - Saffron

Night 3 - Pimento

Night 4 - Pomodoro

Night 5 - Basil

Night 6 - Jasmine

Night 7 - Portobello

I was looking through some pics of menus posted and they look like they differ from what Royal has posted (the Jasmine menu I have from RCI as the Fisherman's plate but the picture of the Shiitake menu they had was the Jasmine menu I had - confused :confused:. Does anyone have pics of these menus or info on what's on them?

The order's likely the same because those are likely my Compasses I scanned and posted. :D

I'll try and provide a succinct summary of what each night had on Serenade on that cruise by just placing the entrees here that I can remember:

Mojo - Grilled pork chops, prime rib, steak and spinach salad, seafood spaghetti, atlantic salmon

Saffron - First formal night - Grilled salmon salad, shrimp ravioli, barramundi, roast duck, filet of beef, artichoke crepes

Pimento - Italian night - Shrimp insalata, lasagna, garlic tiger shrimp, chicken marsala, eggplant parmigiana

Pomodoro - Can't remember what the menu boards said - we dined in Giovanni's this night, however I think the press kit menu here is accurate as I recall turkey being one of the entrees.

Basil - Pear and arugula salad, orecchiette, braised beef duo (I THINK. It definitely wasn't on the Jasmine menu as the press kit states. I seem to recall trying to decide between it and the orecchiette. I think it and the surf and turf were swapped between basil and Basil and Jasmine)

Jasmine - Second formal night/lobster night - we ate at Chops, as noted above I think the surf and turf may have been put on this menu as it wasn't on the Basil menu.

Portobello - I don't remember all the entrees on this menu - I remember having a New York strip that night with a steak sauce, but it wasn't the steak from the "Classics" menu. I've requested a copy of this menu from RCI though.

Different people certainly have different tastes.

I've never considered myself to be a fussy eater however I don't like seafood (can't stand the taste) and I'm a non-drinker. (Contrary to popular belief, cooking does NOT remove the alcohol from a dish).Many of the desserts are laced as are some of the fruit soup appetisers which is a real shame for me.

With those two restrictions I find the new menu very limited and on some nights I struggle but always manage to find something to order.

BTW I LOVE lamb and always order it if it's offered.

On our recent 11 night cruise one night the menu featured "Arugula" which I learnt is just a fancy name for rocket! Seems a funny thing to feature on a menu, to me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi all,

Just a quick question if anyone knows what happens on the 14 night cruises?

On our last Indy cruise we had 14 different menus whereas on the navigator although we were cruising for 2 weeks it was a back 2 back so the menu repeated on the second week.

Thanks for any info you are able to give.

I love to be able to pour over the menus and think about what I'm going to order.. Keeps me going on my pre-cruise diet knowing all the nice things I can look forward to!

Thanks again.

Rachael

Guest maddycat
I really loved the gyoza, and the ceviche wasn't bad.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

A couple of cruises ago our waiter recommended the gyoza. I'm glad that I took his advice. It was delicious. I now order it whenever it is on the menu.

On our recent 11 night cruise one night the menu featured "Arugula" which I learnt is just a fancy name for rocket! Seems a funny thing to feature on a menu, to me.

It's not a fancy name, it's just the American name versus the British name (based on the southern-Italian aruculu, versus the northern-Italian ruchetta). Both words are derived from the Latin "eruca", which means caterpillar, since the plant is often plagued by cabbage worms.