Live Blogging - Serenade of the Seas Feb 22nd, 2014

Don't forget to visit Kino sandals in Key West. Can't remember the street, but just ask, someone will know. Good prices, as it is the factory. They make them right there.

They are at 107 Fitzpatrick Street. Rita bought a pair on our recent cruise.

I love hear about this conch tour !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Conch tour was pretty good. It was very informative and you get to see a lot of things. It is not a true hop-on, hop-off train as you might think. There are only 4 places you can hop-on/off. Stop #3 is 5 blocks from the southern most point and 3 blocks from the Hemingway house. All is all, its a great way to see the town.

Do you have time at the stops to walk to those places or do they just point them out and move on? Or can you catch another train later?

Loving the pictures! We leave in 12 days. Not that I'm counting.

The Conch tour was pretty good. It was very informative and you get to see a lot of things. It is not a true hop-on, hop-off train as you might think. There are only 4 places you can hop-on/off. Stop #3 is 5 blocks from the southern most point and 3 blocks from the Hemingway house. All is all, its a great way to see the town.

Do you have time at the stops to walk to those places or do they just point them out and move on? Or can you catch another train later?

Loving the pictures! We leave in 12 days. Not that I'm counting.

Between the first and second stop its a 45 minute ride with them talking and pointing. From from there, each stop is about 15 mins apart and the trains run about every 10 mins. I cant promise you would have time to see everything but you would have time to hop off and see several sites. We got off at 3 and walked to the southern most point and then to the Hemingway house, made it back to Stop 3, caught the train to the boat, ate at a local cuban restaurant and still made it on board by 4:00pm

I would love to see the sunset here. For all those who are hoping to see it. They passed a city ordinance a few ago and all cruise ships have to be out of port 1:30 minutes before sunset. Kind of a bummer but what can you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mallory Square is very crowded every evening for their Sunset Celebrations. To add the additional thousands of people that the cruise ships would bring in would be impossible to manage. Plus, the ships would hinder the views. I love Key West, but the best way to experience it is as a land trip. That said, I've been very happy to be there as a port stop on a few cruises;):)

Happytulips.....I'm glad you did the Conch Train tour. It's a good way to get the lay of the land, if you've never been there before. Your pics are terrific!

Really enjoying you live posts as we will be on the Serenade in 6 weeks doing the same itinerary.

Two questions

1 Is there a guitar player/entertainment in the Crown & Castle Pub?

2 Are the Crown and Anchor coupons loaded on you Seapass card or do they still use the books?

Thanks, enjoy you cruise.

Really enjoying you live posts as we will be on the Serenade in 6 weeks doing the same itinerary.

Two questions

1 Is there a guitar player/entertainment in the Crown & Castle Pub?

2 Are the Crown and Anchor coupons loaded on you Seapass card or do they still use the books?

Thanks, enjoy you cruise.

Not the OP but can answer your questions as we were on Serenade 2 weeks ago.

There is a guitar player in the Crown and Castle Pub and the C&A coupons are on your Seapass card.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Not the OP but can answer your questions as we were on Serenade 2 weeks ago.

There is a guitar player in the Crown and Castle Pub and the C&A coupons are on your Seapass card.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Yup - I can confirm both of these. Also, the staff was REALLY good about asking if you wanted to apply a coupon rather than just applying it.

Looking forward to reading all your postings. We were on her in January and will be doing the same itinerary as you are come April 19!!! If Faroud (sp?) is still the bartender in the R Bar tell him Diana and Ken Jackson from Texas said hello and will see him soon. He wasn't sure if he would still be on her. He makes some great drinks.

It sounds like r bar is like the molecular bar on the celebrity, do they make really out of this work cocktail ?

So schooner had piano playing and guitar playing at the English pub, that would make it a tough choice every night. Might have to flip a coin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk