luggage spotting

Faie

You have my suitcase! I love being able to find it easily. (I'll check the roll calls for you from now on.):D

OMG really? You didnt' happen to be on the oasis on 12.7 last year did you? LOL!

You have the purple colored one? Don't you just love it? I'm so in love with it. LOL I'm going to cry when it falls apart from abuse of international travel someday.

Thanks to all for the tips, I have purchased two lime green exfoliating bath thingys (puffs) and I am sure we would be able to spot them instantly but, wonder if they could pose a problem size wise, as I wonder if they might catch on something . I may just go with some ribbon or duct tape as that seems to be the favorite of many.

We have those on our luggage. No Problems with catching, they squish. We used to use the duct tape, but someone walked off once with one of our cases, they had the same tape.So now we use the net things and the duct tape.

We have Samsonite luggage that is a purplish blue. We have never seen any luggage like ours on the conveyer belt. We also have very bright luggage straps. :)

Uh oh, we have that same purpleish-blue Samsonite spinner. If ours show up missing I know who to blame. :D

We have those on our luggage. No Problems with catching, they squish. We used to use the duct tape, but someone walked off once with one of our cases,..........
This reminds me of one of my favorite luggage mixup stories.

Someone had put a big, bright yellow duct tape X on his suitcase.

At baggage claim, he saw a woman walking off with his suitcase, so he chased after her and told her that she had his bag.

She kept insisting that it was her bag.

So he asked her, Don't you see the big, bright yellow X?

She replied, Oh, I was wondering why someone would do that to my bag.

Edited by varoo

I bought 3 or 4 inch stencils and stenciled our initials all over our suitcases - very easy to spot in the terminal.

I did the same thing - only put the names of places we've been to (or are planning to go to). We always get comments at the airport, hotel, etc.

DSCF0620_zps5186d6b5.jpg

Made it easy to spot our bags as they came on to the ship.

DSC01344_zps0ec35f4a.jpg

As long as you don't have the same bright neon luggage tags and straps we're OK. :D

Check on Amazon they have different type of luggage tags. My upscale daughter bought some

Tags for Lilly Pulitzer. I have MM characters I found on sale. Have fun looking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I keep hoping my luggage self destructs soon - It is old but extremely functional. In other words it gets the job done so I cannot rationalize buying something new just because it is pretty - (maybe a zipper will break soon)

Both suitcases are black and years ago - I decided we needed to make them unique - I let my 6 year old daughters "decorate" the handles and edges of the suitcases with old nail polish - and it remains today!! Very ugly and I am certain - no one will mistake or want to steal these pieces!!

Bought a lime green suitcase and a bright orange. Always notice them straight away.

Only problem is that they are soft and after the first time in the plane they were covered with large black marks. Makes them look very dirty and of course you can not clean it off.

I keep hoping my luggage self destructs soon - It is old but extremely functional. In other words it gets the job done so I cannot rationalize buying something new just because it is pretty - (maybe a zipper will break soon)

Both suitcases are black and years ago - I decided we needed to make them unique - I let my 6 year old daughters "decorate" the handles and edges of the suitcases with old nail polish - and it remains today!! Very ugly and I am certain - no one will mistake or want to steal these pieces!!

Ours were still in like new condition (and 20+ years old) when I finally decided to replace them. I used the fact that they weighed 5lbs each!! as justification. That's 3 pairs of shoes I can now pack in the new ones I never could before.

Heys has some great patterned luggage that is lightweight and durable. Our set now has brightly coloured butterflies on them. I get compliments on them all the time.

Decades ago finding free bumper stickers was easy. They were common place. Now that I'd like to find some cute ones to slap on my luggage to make it more recognizable to me, I can't seem to find any good freebies.

What I have done is slap a few small mailing labels on, above the handles. They're too small to make it any easier to see on the luggage carousel, but once I pull it off it does make it easy to confirm it's really the right one. And it's easier than fiddling with those floppy luggage tags (which often get yanked off in transit).

I few years ago, I saw luggage tags at a store that were neon colored, and on one side one said, "Hey, this is NOT your luggage." And the other tag said, "If you take this luggage, you won't fit the clothes inside."

I should have bought them, but since I didn't, I have red and green ribbons tied to the handles.

Our luggage is an eclectic and unique bunch. My DD has named them all -

Pepi
(her's) is pink hard-sided with neon green handle

Cashmir
(mine) is dark red with a black houndstooth and with hot pink and neon green yarn braid at each handle.

Hazz
(her dad's) is an old dark green thing with very large back wheels and has a collection of about 30 yellow back-stage stickers from Disneyland on one side

Barney
(which we bring all of our "formalwear" in) is of course the Big Purple Garmet Bag. It is a striking shade of purple, and is also very "pear shaped". It too has the hot pink and neon green braided yarn wrapped around all its handles and zipper pulls

Our luggage is an eclectic and unique bunch. My DD has named them all -

Pepi
(her's) is pink hard-sided with neon green handle

Cashmir
(mine) is dark red with a black houndstooth and with hot pink and neon green yarn braid at each handle.

Hazz
(her dad's) is an old dark green thing with very large back wheels and has a collection of about 30 yellow back-stage stickers from Disneyland on one side

Barney
(which we bring all of our "formalwear" in) is of course the Big Purple Garmet Bag. It is a striking shade of purple, and is also very "pear shaped". It too has the hot pink and neon green braided yarn wrapped around all its handles and zipper pulls

I can just see you in the luggage area. "Here Barney! C'mon Pepi!"

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg