Where do I keep my cruise card?

AandBmom

This is a lanyard question. On our last cruise, I saw many women wearing what looked like a 'diamond' lanyard with a black backing. Really made the bling show up!

Does anyone know where to find these? I saw them at a local store several months ago but felt it was too early to be buying cruise stuff (silly me, never too early!). Now, I can't remember where I saw them!:rolleyes:

Thanks for any help!

This is a lanyard question. On our last cruise, I saw many women wearing what looked like a 'diamond' lanyard with a black backing. Really made the bling show up!

Does anyone know where to find these? I saw them at a local store several months ago but felt it was too early to be buying cruise stuff (silly me, never too early!). Now, I can't remember where I saw them!:rolleyes:

Thanks for any help!

Walgreens has them!:)

I'm sure my wife has a suggestion on where I can put my card....and it might be a bit painful for me. Seriously though, I usually keep my card in a pocket. Nothing fancy here

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Forums mobile app

Interesting to learn it may not be Marriott, Hilton or RCI cheap card that is deactivating due to my blackberry but the case with magnetic clasp I keep it in. hmmmmmmmmmm, I will have to rethink my case as I travel ALOT and I'm always slipping up at one time or another and putting them near each other.

keep them away from cell phones. Your cell phone will deactivate the sea pass card and you won't be able to access your room.

However, there is no problem if you want a beer. Charges to your deactivated sea pass card don't seem to be an issue.

Picture this, you are whooping it up late at night on the Allure, as you head back to your very AFT cabin, when you try and get into your cabin at midnight, the lock won't turn green so you'll need to walk all the way back to Guest Services.

Yup, been there done that. ugh

The charges show up because they type in your folio number rather than swipe the card.

I bought lanyards for ours , because out of habit I always put things in my front pockets. Things like cruise cards and my camera ! Then it's a trip to customer service to get new cards because my camera wipes out the card ! And I usually figure out the card doesn't work when I race back to the room after the coffee's kicked in ! Sorry if that's tmi .

Guest maddycat
I've always done a lanyard, but I think on my next cruise I'm going to try a retractable badge holder with a bulldog clip so I can clip it on my shorts pocket.

I saw a nice selection of those at Office Depot a few days ago.

And why exactly would you imagine it to be any different?:rolleyes:

I wasn't sure if you are given a landyard or a clip like I have for my work card. Or if I need to pack them for the kids. Also wondering if people get it punched somewhere, or if there's nowhere to do that.... etc.

Where do you keep your hotel key? Same thing....if you're a man, put it in a pocket. If you're a woman, carry a small purse, so you'll have your lipsticks, comb, tissues,...whatever...

If you want to look like you're at a convention, put it on a lanyard and carry it around your neck!

On vacation I find I don't have pockets in many of my outfits. Also, my little kiddies don't do well with stuff in pockets. I don't bring a purse either - lipstick, comb, tissues - too much effort for me. I often just toss it in my bra just like someone else suggested. I find the lanyard "convention" look is perfect for the kids though.

Thanks for the info about getting it punched at guest relations.

Ahh, that may be why I dont get too many bad cards then, my cellphones are in non magnetic cases, currently otterboxes & Griffins. Even my old Droid X2 was in a jelly case with a zagg screen protector so nothing magnetic.

I learn a long time ago as a geek to keep magnets away from things that have the strips on them, I put an old debit card on my dads bench one time, didnt realize he had his big water hunting magnet on it & zap, there went my card. 8(

I do have a magnet closure on my ipad mini case, but it doesnt hold cards so no issue there. And I'm looking to get rid of that cover anyways.

I'm not the type ot carry a purse, I usually stick my wallet in my pants pocket so will probably stick my seacard there. And since I dont do sun very well, I'm not too likely to be laying on a sunchair or going into the pool on ship so a shirt pocket should work there for me.

Then again if my group decides to do lanyards I might too. (shrug) Good ideas though, always love reading what others do.

I have sunglasses with no ear pieces that attach to the front of my glasses with tiny magnets. When I'm going in and out (like shopping in a port) I seldom put them away in my purse, but rather just slip them in the pocket of my jeans or shorts…where I often have my Sea Pass.

We had 3 consecutive port days. As we came back to the ship each day from whatever we had done, we did a little shopping in the immediate pier area. Finally after coming back to the ship on the third day, as I stood in line on my third trip to GS to get a new card, I had one of those DUH! moments…it was the sunglasses.:eek:

Judy

I had a similar problem, but without the "Duh" moment during the cruise.

On Freedom about four years ago I would be unable to get into the cabin at least once a day.....I would go down to Guest Services, where I always happened to get the same representative. The first time she made me another sea pass and said, "You need to keep this away from your camera." I explained that I don't carry a camera, but apparently she'd heard that song before. Beginning on Day 2 she said, "I told you to keep it away from your camera," which made me really uncomfortable each time I had to return. I would stand in line counting customers and staff and relax when I thought I would get a different representative. It never happened. When it was my turn, she was waiting....with that look on her face of the exasperated teacher really tired of dealing with the slow learner.

It wasn't until we were home that I thought about the magnetic sunglasses. If she had just said, "Something is demagnetizing your sea pass," I'm sure I would have thought it through, but she was so specific (and so overbearing) that I didn't think outside her statement.

On our next cruise I bought a lanyard (yes, I think someone asked on this thread, and they sell them in the Logo shop), and I haven't had a problem since.

You can teach an old dog new tricks, but there are a lot better ways to do it than she used. Even writing this is bringing back "the wobbles" in my stomach I got every time I had to deal with her.

Just an observation here …. when on Oasis last year we wore a lanyard with the sea pass in all the time, however I barely saw people with lanyard and often felt out of place.

And in Australia it's the complete opposite, everyone wears lanyards usually provided to them by the travel agents as they are all branded with different travel agent's logos etc.

Just sayin.

I always wear a lanyard for my sea pass. Just enjoy not having to worry where it is. I have bought some off the internet that were just pretty, but have found that the ones sold on the ship are very nice, and not at all expensive. They are also longer, which I like.

I always take my sea pass to Guest Relations first thing to get punched, and then I feel "dressed." :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for any help!

Kirklands has them too! Just picked up a couple, DD, who will be 18 upon boarding, said she loved them! Hmmmmm, I guess I am a dorky mom w/a dorky daughter. :p

Thanks for any help!

I got mine from Amazon.

I swear I am going to find the most obnoxious looking lanyard for my next cruise just for all the fashion police:D (Think bling on steroids ) Oh and I am going to wear it on the ouside of my shirt! :eek:

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598