Strange Question

alibabacruisers

I had a conversation with a friend we had met on a previous cruise. She had said they booked a Cunard cruise that had an unbelievable price...too unbelievable (she said it was outrageously cheap). Would not give more detail because she thought she would jinx it. That got me thinking and I wondered if anyone else had ever booked a Cunard cruise for an "unbelievable" price and found out later it was a misprint or mistake? (That is what she thought hers was). She has not heard from anyone about it. I also wondered what would happen if it was a misprint.

I had a conversation with a friend we had met on a previous cruise. She had said they booked a Cunard cruise that had an unbelievable price...too unbelievable (she said it was outrageously cheap). Would not give more detail because she thought she would jinx it. That got me thinking and I wondered if anyone else had ever booked a Cunard cruise for an "unbelievable" price and found out later it was a misprint or mistake? (That is what she thought hers was). She has not heard from anyone about it. I also wondered what would happen if it was a misprint.

It is had to come up with an answer since "unbelievable" and "outrageously cheap" are relative terms without having hard figures to compare. On QM2 TA crossings, the prices are dependent on the season. Prices during the peak TA tourist season (summer) are typically much more expensive than during the off season. Cunard is like the other lines in that they will lower the prices when there are lots of unsold cabins or suites. Last year we got and took an offer from Cunard for a LA to NY (Panama) cruise on the QE that saved us several hundred dollars per person off the "list price". However, that offer was sent out just two weeks prior to sailing and part of the savings were in OBC.

Bob

Hi alibabacruisers, I agree with BobBranst, it is hard to know what is an unbelievable price without knowing details.

(I was once lucky enough to book a crossing on QM2 within three weeks of sailing date. SEVEN nights in Britannia Grade, choice of seating times for dinner, brief coach TOUR in New York and TRANSFERS to the airport for the flight home - with the flight INCLUDED in the fare, mid-ship port-side Deck 5 Sheltered BALCONY Cabin, all to myself with NO single supplement ... £499 :) (to put that into perspective, I've also paid over £1700 to share a similar cabin on a popular crossing)).

See if you can get details, after all, if your friend has booked, she can hardly "jinx it" now ;) .

Edited by pepperrn

I wasn't able to take advantage if it, but they did off a TA in. January at £299pp.
Hi, I also looked at that crossing. Please correct me if my memory is at fault (very likely :( ) but I seem to remember that the £299 didn't include the flight, was per person with two sharing a cabin (£598), with no single occupancy allowed, and was also for an inside cabin, low in the hull fore and aft? Is that right, or is my memory playing me tricks (as usual :( ).

Hi, I also looked at that crossing. Please correct me if my memory is at fault (very likely :( ) but I seem to remember that the £299 didn't include the flight, was per person with two sharing a cabin (£598), with no single occupancy allowed, and was also for an inside cabin, low in the hull fore and aft? Is that right, or is my memory playing me tricks (as usual :( ).

I presume that was QE on its first sector of the Word cruise.

Queen Victoria on its return from World Cruise in April and has a Balcony Cabin from Fort Lauderdale (via Maderia) to Southampton - 12 nights for £499 cruise only - £41.50p.p. a night is pretty cheap for a Balcony cabin.

I've gotten $499 prices for insides on Trans Atlantics on the QM2 several times.

It was low in the hull, Inside Stateroom, which in my opinion is great for a rough crossing. Singles were allowed at just below 100% supplement. Flights were extra at around £240pp via Cunard

Edited by Pennbank