Questions regarding celebrity Century

MsSoCalCruiser

Can somebody please post some links for recent dining menus and any thing else that you can think of Re: dining. So far I've been unable to find the room service menu for them.

We have sailed on all sizes of Celebrity ships. All of our cruises are reviewed on our website at http://www.thepreismans.com, and include pictures of the ships' dining venues as well as copies of the menus, and also bar menus. Enjoy.

Thank you. Good news about the bottled water.

It's nice that you can order a hot breakfast from room service. I was told by the Celebrity employee that it was mostly continental breakfast type foods unless you were in a suite.

Just sailed on Century last month. It is true that breakfast room service menus differ based upon type of cabin. CC and Suites get a more extensive choice. Not sure if that means hot vs. cold choices. I found it interesting and also troublesome that the room service delivery was done by the cabin steward. It always came late every day. I believe they struggled to get their cabin cleaning done and deliver room service too. Also, cabin stewards take luggage away on final sailing night. They seemed tired after a long day and antzy for everyone to get their luggage out by 11pm so they could finish their day. I believe they overwork their cabin stewards. Oh guess I got off topic, sorry.

Edited by 1cruiselvr

We're on the Pacific Coastal in April. I do enjoy a Bloody Mary in the morning when I'm vacationing. Where would I be able to get a Bloody Mary on the Century, and what time would it open?

Cova Cafe serves adult libations and they should be able to make you

one:)

We're on the Pacific Coastal in April. I do enjoy a Bloody Mary in the morning when I'm vacationing. Where would I be able to get a Bloody Mary on the Century, and what time would it open?

If you look at our site, under the Century (Hawaii), there is a button that says Dailies. Look there and you will see the times of operation for all bars and venues.

If you look at our site, under the Century (Hawaii), there is a button that says Dailies. Look there and you will see the times of operation for all bars and venues.

Perfect!! Just what I needed. Looks like the Sunset Bar opens nice and early, too. Can't wait!!!

Perfect!! Just what I needed. Looks like the Sunset Bar opens nice and early, too. Can't wait!!!

Cova opens waaaayyyyy earlier.....like 7am....if you want a "WAKE UP"

Bloody Mary;):D:)

I can't speak specifically to century, but on other ships, bloody marys are made with normal tomato juice and a squirt of some sort of purchased pre made concentrate mix, wish I had noted the brand, but the bottle and label was kind of brownish. They did not enhance at all with any other fixins, like worcestershire, or tobasco, though you could find these on the buffet if needed....

I noted the bottle at all bars I was at, even martini.

Not enough squirt, it's weak, too much, its undrinkable, so watch them make it. I generally find the bloodies lacking, and I love mine so I may be jaded, and often bring my own mix on board to be safe....

However my recent sailing, I must say all but 1 was made quite well with the pre made mix.

Edited by cle-guy
Remembered they use TOBASCO not Tobacco! :-)

I can't speak specifically to century, but on other ships, bloody marys are made with normal tomato juice and a squirt of some sort of purchased pre made concentrate mix, wish I had noted the brand, but the bottle and label was kind of brownish. They did not enhance at all with any other fixins, like worcestershire, or tobacco, though you could find these on the buffet if needed....

I noted the bottle at all bars I was at, even martini.

Not enough squirt, it's weak, too much, its undrinkable, so watch them make it. I generally find the bloodies lacking, and I love mine so I may be jaded, and often bring my own mix on board to be safe....

However my recent sailing, I must say all but 1 was made quite well with the pre made mix.

I had a similar experience on my last Princess cruise and it seemed like they had changed either their tomato juice or concentrate because they were generally undrinkable. Finally I started ordering just vodka and tomato juice and spicing it to the desired level with my Tabanero hot sauce that I carry with me everywhere. It wasn't as good as the Princess Bloody Mary's used to be, but better than anything else I was getting on that ship that time.

Thanks for the info.

We have sailed on all sizes of Celebrity ships. All of our cruises are reviewed on our website at http://www.thepreismans.com, and include pictures of the ships' dining venues as well as copies of the menus, and also bar menus. Enjoy.

Sorry I did not respond your post sooner, I was on a cruise :) Thank you for posting the link to your menus. I can't wait until I get home from work so I could look at them. Thanks again!!!

For some of us, saving a bit $ on these little things, helps us be able to go on these cruises. :)

2 bottles of wine per cabin

I have never tried to bring bottled water or soda on the ship....

maybe 1 during check-in........surprised if they let you but then it

would never have occurred to me to have a case with a luggage tag

somehow, after paying for the cabin and possibly flying to get there, why would I decide to save money by bringing water & soda on board???

Barb

• 3 weeks later...