Curling Irons on Princess ships ?

curiouscat

The Cabin Steward will look for such devices that are plugged in and unattended and he is told to unplug what he feels could be dangerous. It's part of his job. It's unfortunate that he/she must babysit some folks but it's for the safety of all of us who are onboard.

I am a compulsive "un-plugger" even at home. I once drove home, after driving half way to work, because I thought I'd forgotten to un-plug something! Three cheers for the cabin steward.

That is so funny. My DH was much like you. He made me drive back home because he thought he had left the oven on [guess what, he did!]. I agree about the Cabin Steward! They do go above and beyond!

Ladies.. can you take a curling Iron on board a Princess ship...:o

Thanks

CC

Yes! I always take my curling iron.

On our January (2014) cruise on Crown Princess mine stopped working.

I almost panicked! :eek:

Thankfully, they sold curling irons in the gift shop!

LuLu

~~~

Interesting, but I didn't see a blow dryer on the Royal last week. I always bring my own anyway. If that's important to you, you may want to inquire.

Hair dryers are almost always tucked away in a desk drawer.
Actually, this is incorrect when it comes to Princess. :( On the Ocean and Pacific Princess, it's a machine mounted in the bathroom. On all other ships other than the Royal, a hair dryer is mounted on the wall above the desk. On the Royal Princess, it's in the drawer.

Most Princess ships:

P3190513.JPG

Royal Princess:

DSC02950.JPG

Hair dryers? Not so good. I have thick curly hair that's slightly below my ears. I have a stretchy diffuser sock that I use on the Princess supplied dryers but only dry my hair about 3/4 of the way. I use my mini straightener to tame the bangs a bit, but I'm ok with the wind blown curly look!

Actually, this is incorrect when it comes to Princess. :( On the Ocean and Pacific Princess, it's a machine mounted in the bathroom. On all other ships other than the Royal, a hair dryer is mounted on the wall above the desk. On the Royal Princess, it's in the drawer.

Most Princess ships:

P3190513.JPG

Royal Princess:

DSC02950.JPG

Pam, you truly are prepared to answer any question! With photos, too! Thanks.