Inside cabin on freedom - clock in the cabin?

AandBmom

I know I'm on vacation and supposed to be letting the hours slip away but I actually use a clock on a cruise to know when to show up for events. Also my kids need to know when they wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom or something that it's not time to get up yet.

Do they have clocks on the Freedom?

I leave my watch on the countertop in the bathroom so we can see what time it is if we get up during the night to use the bathroom.

I also set up a wake up call on the phone each day to make sure we don't miss shore excursions, etc. It's easy to use.

Happy cruising!

We had an inside one time.... Played a joke on my wife. Woke her up saying we are going to be late for our excursion as we over slept. I told her to hurry and get a shower as we need to leave in 15 min. Well she rushed and we go outside our cabin and it was dead. No people around. She asked what's going on.... I then showed her my watch, it was 5am :P

She never wore a watch on a cruise and always asked me what time is it (like 20 times a day). Every cruise after that, she wore a watch :)

Your in-room TV has a "channel" that is a clock. It's just a black background with the time in white. It makes a perfect night light (and you can adjust the brightness up and down), and it's big enough that I can read the time from the bed without my glasses.

It isn't an alarm clock, but you can always plan a wake-up call to take care of that chore.

Your in-room TV has a "channel" that is a clock. It's just a black background with the time in white. It makes a perfect night light (and you can adjust the brightness up and down), and it's big enough that I can read the time from the bed without my glasses.

It isn't an alarm clock, but you can always plan a wake-up call to take care of that chore.

Awesome info. I won't need an alarm clock, I have 4 of them ages 9, 8, 4, 3. I do like to know what time it is though, especially at night. Thanks for this piece of info.

I've never seen that........... will look out for it next time....

We had an inside one time.... Played a joke on my wife. Woke her up saying we are going to be late for our excursion as we over slept. I told her to hurry and get a shower as we need to leave in 15 min. Well she rushed and we go outside our cabin and it was dead. No people around. She asked what's going on.... I then showed her my watch, it was 5am :P

She never wore a watch on a cruise and always asked me what time is it (like 20 times a day). Every cruise after that, she wore a watch :)

Wow! You're still married after pulling that little stunt?? LOL:D

• 2 weeks later...

We're back now. I tried the trick with the tv but it wasn't a black screen, it was quite bright. So for the kids I put it on the screen with the time and covered most of the screen with a towel to block the light. In my cabin I used a little travel clock.