Drinks onboard

mmiller626

I am a first time cruiser on the Sapphire in Jan. I understand you can buy drink cards is that correct? Soda only or alcohol as well? Is soda or alcohol included with meals or is there a charge at meal time without the cards?

:confused:

The soda "cards" are actually a sticker that is placed on your cruise card. Princess also offers a discount sticker if you buy the drink of the day in a souvenir glass (actually plastic) on the first day of your first cruise. It gives you a small discount on certain sized drinks of the day that you purchase throughout the week. It is supposed to be one of the benefits of buying the drink of the day in the souvenir glass, so there is no additonal charge for the sticker-- it is placed on your card when you purchase the drink. This offer applies to both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks of the day.

Great tip about the discount sticker. I am not use to drinking alot so I thought the "drink of the day" by the pool or in a different bar each day would be fun. I have the hardest time ordering drinks because I do not even know what to order or how to say the drink. It took me months to get ordering down in starbucks, let alone in bars.....:D

Great tip about the discount sticker. I am not use to drinking alot each day but it seems like it would be fun. I have the hardest time ordering drinks because I do not even know what to order or how to say the drink. It took me months to get ordering down in starbucks, let alone in bars.....:D

Take it from me kid , it's easy . You say " Bartender " he says " cruise card " . That's about it . As far as drinks , may I suggest : Mai Tai ( pronounced MY TIE ), Sunrise , tequila shot with beer chaser , one of my favorites : Martinni ( he says , Vodka or Gin ?) , or if you want to be a big time "Liquor Pig" just say, " whiskey straight shot" . You can you swallow ? I'm always here to help . ;) And as always , the biggest tip of all , BYOB .

The drink cards are for fountain soda only - they do not have other beverage cards - at meals any canned soda or alcoholic beverages are an extra cost.

Ron

Are all sodas at dinner in a can or is it simply if you want something special that they do not have at the fountain? I would hate to get a soda card and then not be able to use it at dinner.

I know you can not use the card for room service and if you are eating at the buffet you probably need to go by a bar and get your soda on the way. Anything else to watch out for?

Thanks

Are all sodas at dinner in a can or is it simply if you want something special that they do not have at the fountain? I would hate to get a soda card and then not be able to use it at dinner.

I know you can not use the card for room service and if you are eating at the buffet you probably need to go by a bar and get your soda on the way. Anything else to watch out for?

Thanks

We just got off the Golden on Thursday. We could use our soda stickers to get anything out of the soda "gun" at any bar. In addition, we used our soda stickers in the Horizon buffet and in the dining rooms. The waiters would bring the drinks to your table, including "adult" beverages. ;) You can request a "large" soda too; the ones they bring you by default are pretty small. We could not use the stickers for room service or for cans of soda. If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks!!

Frederick

Both the alcoholic and the non-alcoholic drink of the day are listed in the Patter daily, not only by name, but also along with a description, so you will know what you are ordering. We don't drink alcoholic beverages, so I don't remember all that they had, but you could look at old Patters to get an idea. I do remember one of the alcoholic drinks had an interesting name--something like "Naked on the Beach" :)

But to order the drink of the day, you don't have to actually say its name--you can just order the "drink of the day", so it does make ordering quite simple. :).

You do need to be careful if you are wanting the non-alcoholic drink of the day to specify that, because if you don't, the bartender won't ask--instead he will automatically bring the alcoholic drink of the day.

Archived