Switching cabins from balcony to inside staterooms

I am a fist time cruiser, but we are going with other relatives so I had initially booked a room down the hall from them so that we would be close by. They have ocean balconies and we have a Boardwalk balcony on the Allure of the Seas. I didn't want ocean view because frankly, all that water freaks me out. :eek: There are four of us in a room with a pull out sofa and the pull man thing from ceiling so we kind of have our own beds, but we'll be squished in one room. I was looking on line today and can book two inside staterooms for $676 cheaper and twice the space. Our current room is on deck 11 towards the back and the new rooms would be on deck 7 ALL the way in the front.

Will I miss my balcony? Or would the extra room be worth it?

Thanks for any advice!

Edited by iheartdopey

It's really a matter of preference however two bathrooms and more space sounds better to me

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Have two cabins,four in a cabin is alright if it is small children

Your cruise is still the same enjoy Jennifer

To be honest, you probably wouldn't use a Boardwalk Balcony all that much anyway. We had one, and I did sit on it while my wife got ready, and sometimes at night to watch things going on. But I'd definitely go for the space. You'll be more comfortable, it'll give you some privacy, and you're going to be out anyway.

We tried an inside room for the first time and it was fine. Actually, the balconies aren't all that large, and in my opinion aren't worth the double price upcharge. I had a peek at the aft balcony and it wasn't even that great, kind of claustrophobic really. The stability of the inside cabin was great too. We barely felt any ship movement the entire cruise. I wish we had decided on inside rooms many cruises ago as we probably could squeeze a few additional cruises out of our savings. You find you are mostly out of your room anyhow, except for sleeping and changing clothes. If you want to sit and enjoy the water view, there are much better places to do so around the ship. Who wants to just sit in their room anyhow while onboard?

Thank you for all your advice! I ended up booking the two inside rooms and the stress of being squished in one room made me feel a lot better. I got connecting rooms which cost a little extra but was still able to save almost $500 from the original price. yay! We are not much for spending time in the room when on vacation so I think this was the best decision for us.

Thank you again!

Good choice.

Our first cruise was in an aft inside room. Everyone should experience an inside room at least once. It is sort of wierd because when you close the door, and turn off your lights it is total darkness! There are no clocks in the room, therefore unless you have a watch, or turn on the TV it is hard to tell what time it is. We were so exhusted after a long trip to the port, that after the Muster Drill we shut the lights off and laid down on the bed, only to miss our first "Sail Off". The "Sail Off" was delayed to wait for a large group of 60 people delayed due weather problems up North, and we thought we would wake up. We were sleeping like babies!! We ran out of our cabin and up top, only to see total darkness out to sea! Never made that error again.

Working our way up, our next cabin was an oceanview, which my wife said she was glad to have a window! Being a good lady she never complained once about our inside cabin during our first cruise, but has never agreed to an inside since the first one!! We did a wonderful 12 night European cruise in a very nice Ocean View cabin on the Legend.

Be careful about obstructed ocean view cabins, as we once, even though we could see the water, had a room with a walkway with chairs right outside our window. We had no privacy unless we drew the drapes!

We now have seemed to go for Balconies, but would have no problem with an Ocean View. My wife says no to insides, but I find them restful, and would be willing to book one again.