The beautiful beaches of St Thomas - brief descriptions/opinions

blue_water

Also DolphinmShuttle but soooo expensive

Blue water, do you know any great tours for St. Thomas? I will be in St. Thomas next Wednesday on a cruise with I believe 5 other ships as well. I would like to explore St. Thomas and also go to Sapphire Beach. I'm planning this last minute and the one company I tried was already booked.

Blue water, do you know any great tours for St. Thomas? I will be in St. Thomas next Wednesday on a cruise with I believe 5 other ships as well. I would like to explore St. Thomas and also go to Sapphire Beach. I'm planning this last minute and the one company I tried was already booked.

Ms411 is of much more help with that.

• 1 month later...

I have a few questions if anyone before me can help with?

What is the closest and easiest beach from havensight to either Emerald best western, Secret Harbor or Sapphire beach? Those are what we narrowed our choices down too (not sure if trying to snorkel or not yet)

Lastly, our port arrival isn't until noon... is it still worth it to make it down to any of these beaches? (trip not until Sept) Thanks so much for anyone who can help! :)

I have a few questions if anyone before me can help with?

What is the closest and easiest beach from havensight to either Emerald best western, Secret Harbor or Sapphire beach? Those are what we narrowed our choices down too (not sure if trying to snorkel or not yet)

Lastly, our port arrival isn't until noon... is it still worth it to make it down to any of these beaches? (trip not until Sept) Thanks so much for anyone who can help! :)

If you can provide the date you are in port it will be easier to give you an opinion based on the number of ships in port. Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald) isn't that much closer to Havensight so we'd go another 10 min to Sapphire.

If you can provide the date you are in port it will be easier to give you an opinion based on the number of ships in port. Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald) isn't that much closer to Havensight so we'd go another 10 min to Sapphire.

Thank you blue water... our date in port is 9/23 wednesday I believe. Rccl freedom ...IF I looked at the right thing.. it shows our ship as the only one!?

Hi ampc007,

Yes you are right, you are the only ship scheduled that day so you can choose any of these beaches. Lindbergh and the Best Western Emerald Beach Hotel is a nice spot to relax and if snorkeling isn't in the cards that's a great choice!

Morningstar is the closest beach and there is the Marriott there which is nice. But between the 2 we'd choose the Best Western. For snorkeling both Sapphire and SH are beautiful.

Hi ampc007,

Yes you are right, you are the only ship scheduled that day so you can choose any of these beaches. Lindbergh and the Best Western Emerald Beach Hotel is a nice spot to relax and if snorkeling isn't in the cards that's a great choice!

Morningstar is the closest beach and there is the Marriott there which is nice. But between the 2 we'd choose the Best Western. For snorkeling both Sapphire and SH are beautiful.

Thanks again! think there is much difference in cab fare to the one's I mentioned? there will be 9 of us if that matters?

We didn't snorkel on the champagne cat but if they moor off the cays of STJ I'd choose that. I'm not a fan of Coki for snorkeling because it doesn't feel natural, prefer Sapphire. But others like Coki...

I don't have time to read all the postings, but I have a question about Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas.

Did I read in your report that they don't have lounge chairs, and if so, do we need to pay to rent them? In otherwords, if not, we need to bring beach towels to lay on the sand?

So after reading through some of this thread it sounds like Megans beach is for us. What I like in a beach:

1. Calm water

2. Something to do.....that can be people watching for me and my husband can go swimming and up and down the beach (he doesn't like to lay around)

3. Some place to get drinks / frozen drinks / beer / and food

4. Chairs for rent if possible

5. If there is a lively crown that makes the day interesting all the better

I'm thinking of booking excursions on our other stops so maybe taking this day a little easier and just doing it on our own and going to the beach and maybe Pardise Point. We will be on Oasis of the Seas at the end of June.

Am I understand it right after reading about these beaches or should I be looking at a different beach?

So after reading through some of this thread it sounds like Megans beach is for us. What I like in a beach:

1. Calm water

2. Something to do.....that can be people watching for me and my husband can go swimming and up and down the beach (he doesn't like to lay around)

3. Some place to get drinks / frozen drinks / beer / and food

4. Chairs for rent if possible

5. If there is a lively crown that makes the day interesting all the better

I'm thinking of booking excursions on our other stops so maybe taking this day a little easier and just doing it on our own and going to the beach and maybe Pardise Point. We will be on Oasis of the Seas at the end of June.

Am I understand it right after reading about these beaches or should I be looking at a different beach?

Magens check all of your boxes, and PP is a nice spot after the beach.

• 2 months later...
Yes, I would definitely expect Coki to be crowded. Otherwise Coki checks all of your boxes. If you'd prefer a less crowded beach I'd look st Sapphire or Secret Harbor. SH has a true restaurant on the beach, and I'm told that you can reserve umbrellas and lounges through AA Divers. sH is also a smaller bay and space and rentals can be in limited supply if you're not there early.

No snorkeling at Lindbergh (aka Emerald). Taxi to any snorkeling beach is ~$10pp each way.

Blue Water- I will be in ST in November and on that day, there will be only 2 ships in port, including ours ( Adventure Of The Seas)- we had planned to shop for liquor at either AH Riise or Dynasty ( opinion on which is best & do they send to ship?), then Bluebeard's Castle, then Coral World, then Coki Beach...since we will be right next to Coki Beach w/ only 2 ships in port ( it's a Sunday, BTW), do you think we should still try & hang out at Coki or go somewhere else close by, like...? Now that I heard Bluebeard's is closed, we will have more time...thanks for your thoughts & any others welcomed!!

Big Al

• 4 weeks later...

Aqua Action rents chairs and umbrellas at Secret Harbor, day visiyptors are generally confined to an area with less shade.

Snorkeling is considered good at SH, Sapphire, Coki, and I've read Cowpet. For more in-depth reviews, trip reports on TA (tripadvisor) are a good source, you can search using these names.