Does the Ventura show any football games?

toptoff

Not that I want to watch football all the time I am on holiday but one of the cruises I am considering clashes with the FA Cup semi finals and it's a sea day.

I have heard that P&O show the bigger games.

Brian

When we were on the Ventura last month no FA cup games were shown.

When I asked at reception, they said that they only have a contract to show Premiership games (Satellite reception permitting).

They have Sky Sports News on the cabin tvs so you can keep up with the games, if you want.

When we were on the Ventura last month no FA cup games were shown.

When I asked at reception, they said that they only have a contract to show Premiership games (Satellite reception permitting).

They have Sky Sports News on the cabin tvs so you can keep up with the games, if you want.

Cheers Taff, does it have itv on board?

Brian

No, there's BBC World and Sky International News and the Sky Sports I mentioned earlier, but no other UK domestic channels.

They have a contract with a sports channel called '24' which shows big sporting events, but not all of them. On Oceana recently they also had this '24' in the cabin. They had some of the Winter Olympics on. They did not show any Rugby as they do not have the contract for it.

Just looked it up it is called Sport 24.

If you google 'Sport 24' you can get the schedule on their web site.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by daiB

Four years ago on the Oriana they showed the World Cup in the theatre which was great. I guess it depends on how 'important' the game is.

On Oceana the sports bar was a joke, nothing to be seen apart from pre recorded horse racing for a betting evening. I complained bout the name 'sports bar' as none was to be seen and the never-to-be-seen CD rang my room to say it was too expensive. I cant remember his name but he was one of the worst CD's I have come across.

Four years ago on the Oriana they showed the World Cup in the theatre which was great. I guess it depends on how 'important' the game is.

On Oceana the sports bar was a joke, nothing to be seen apart from pre recorded horse racing for a betting evening. I complained bout the name 'sports bar' as none was to be seen and the never-to-be-seen CD rang my room to say it was too expensive. I cant remember his name but he was one of the worst CD's I have come across.

When was this? Oceana now has 6/7 large screen TV's in Winners, showing exactly the same stuff as all the ships. Premiership football and Olympics last week.

June 2012, the screens were there but only used once for the "betting night".

Clearly things have changed. They were possibly put in during the refit. They looked very new.

• 1 month later...