Cloud 9 spa pass - is it worth it?

lecach

We'll be on the Dream on March 8. We're not in a spa room but I am thinking about purchasing the spa pass if available (I think its $150?). Just wondered if anyone had purchased this and if they thought it was worth it?

We'll be on the Dream on March 8. We're not in a spa room but I am thinking about purchasing the spa pass if available (I think its $150?). Just wondered if anyone had purchased this and if they thought it was worth it?

If this is what you like then yes or get a spa room.

I haven't use it yet but a Cruise Critic member went through the spa and took video of all the different rooms there to give a virtual tour of it. Here is video 1

after you watch that one there are 3 others that you should see to the right. They are numbered 1-4. Those videos made me want to buy the spa pass. I would keep an eye on the pricing of the spa cabins. I was able to upgrade to a spa balcony recently for a lot less than the $150 that I would have paid for my spa pass. I am really looking forward to using the spa during my cruise on the Dream in May. Edited by Mysticks1

Ooooooooh yes! :D

Without a doubt, BEST part of our cruise. It took the experience to another level.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We used the spa on our last 2 cruises on the Dream. The first was to purchase a week pass and the second we booked a Cloud 9 Spa cabin. We will be cruising in a few days just to relax and enjoy the spa we like it so much. If you want to use the spa I think it is worth booking a Cloud 9 Spa cabin.

However, DO NOT book a cabin on the Port side of deck 11. It could be the worst cruise you will ever take. Those cabins are under the gym and the cabin walls will shake and the banging from the weight machines will be almost non-stop from 6AM to 10PM. There have been numerous complaints from passengers about the problem. This has been a chronic problem from the beginning and there is really nothing Carnival can do about this. It was a really bad design that they only realized after the ship was built and in service. They have since corrected this design flaw on the ships built after the Dream.

Also if you book a Cloud 9 Spa cabin be sure to regularly check your cabin number. They have been known to change cabins on passengers and put them under the gym even though the booking was made elsewhere.

Cheers!

We've got adjoining balcony cabins on the 8th deck and cant move at this time since there is no spa deck availability. Plus out of the 4 adults we have I am the only one that would be interested in the spa. So that's why I am thinking of the spa pass.

Also if you book a Cloud 9 Spa cabin be sure to regularly check your cabin number. They have been known to change cabins on passengers and put them under the gym even though the booking was made elsewhere.

Cheers!

EEEK! :eek:

Thanks for the heads up, we booked a Cloud 9 Spa interior on the Splendor, made sure I stayed starboard and tried to stay away from rooms around the private elevator up to the spa.

Has anyone who had an interior that surrounded the spa elevator had issues with noise?

We had a Spa room so ours was included, though I don't know if I would purchase it by itself. Really depends on how much time you plan on spending in the Spa rooms, pool, ect.. We did use it, but not nearly as much as I thought we would. Just a time frame thing with so many other things to do;) We did though take advantage of the large spa locker rooms for the great showers at night/mornings.

Leigh, I am getting a spa pass for our cruise too!!

I was going to book a spa cabin, but since Greg won't use the spa, I booked the cove balcony and will purchase the pass. Saves me quite a bit of money... lol!!

We are getting close!!!!

Are you just going to go to the spa on embarkation day and buy it? I'm thinking that would make the most sense. I think I will use it - maybe I will "bargain" with myself - if I spend 30 minutes in the gym I can use an hour in the spa :)

I have bought the week pass a few cruises ago and really really enjoyed it, used the amenities about 2X a day most days, but I did wise up and now book the SPA rooms (Starboard side) since it cost less then booking a regular room and then purchasing the week pass Plus you have the convienience of the room amenities and the convienience of using the private elevator to the spa and to the serenity deck!!!!

We are booked in a SPA room again on the Breeze Sept, 13, 2014 can't wait!!!!

I have bought the week pass a few cruises ago and really really enjoyed it, used the amenities about 2X a day most days, but I did wise up and now book the SPA rooms (Starboard side) since it cost less then booking a regular room and then purchasing the week pass Plus you have the convienience of the room amenities and the convienience of using the private elevator to the spa and to the serenity deck!!!!

We are booked in a SPA room again on the Breeze Sept, 13, 2014 can't wait!!!!

I found it was cheaper for me to book the cove balcony and get the spa pass for a week than getting a spa cabin, especially since my hubby won't use the spa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok good, I was wanting to try it out for a day.

No doubt a great way to spend your sea days.

Pretty sure the price is at least $30, that's what I paid on the dream for a single day pass in 2010. I've been told the price has raised to $40. One thing to consider, they sell these on a space available basis. So, if they sell a certain amount of week passes, no dailys will be offered. My one day pass was our lead in to a cloud 9 stateroom, which was wonderful and we are booked again on cloud 9 for the reposition. We love the spa amenities.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were on the Dream in a cove balcony in January. We got the spa pass and went daily. My DH went twice a day. The pool did wonders for my RA and the spa shower is so much better than the room shower, which drained slowly. I only used the room shower once as it overflowed the shower pan and the entire floor was wet. It took all of the towels including the towel pig to sop up that wet mess. Would book another cove and spa pass in a heart beat!