hot dogs

harold90

Ummm I am no Cub Fan but Anheuser Busch has not owned the Cardinals for 20 years. So I really don't think they are supporting the Cardinals.

Well, A-B pays for the naming rights to the Cardinals stadium - similarly to Miller paying money that supports the Brewers (Miller Field), and Coors to the Rockies! (and I don't think "competitors" brands are sold at any of those fields -- maybe some micro brews, but no Bud at Miller field, no Miller at Busch)

AB and the Card's pretty much pioneered the modern concept of naming rights and it is worth big bucks.:D.

Off the top of my head, the only major sports field without a naming rights deal might be Lambau (sp?) Field in Green Bay -- and even it has "named entrances" and other naming rights.

Well, A-B pays for the naming rights to the Cardinals stadium - similarly to Miller paying money that supports the Brewers (Miller Field), and Coors to the Rockies! (and I don't think "competitors" brands are sold at any of those fields -- maybe some micro brews, but no Bud at Miller field, no Miller at Busch)

AB and the Card's pretty much pioneered the modern concept of naming rights and it is worth big bucks.:D.

Off the top of my head, the only major sports field without a naming rights deal might be Lambau (sp?) Field in Green Bay -- and even it has "named entrances" and other naming rights.

Fenway Park is another.

I've never had a true hot dog on any RCI ship, even the Boardwalk Dog House on the Allure doesn't serve true hot dogs. They are better than what the Windjammer has, but nothing close to a true Chicago style dog.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They do on allure. Some are gourmet, but they have 4-5 varieties. Alsure wipeout cafe has awesome pretzel dogs.

First and foremost I am not a Cub Fan actually dislike them. But Busch Stadium was named in the 1950's Wrigley Field was named in the 1920's so I think The Wrigley Family pioneered the concept of naming rights. The big difference is A-B and Miller pay for the name. Wrigley Chewing Gum pays nothing to the Cubs. Pretty good advertising for them don't you think. :eek:

First and foremost I am not a Cub Fan actually dislike them. But Busch Stadium was named in the 1950's Wrigley Field was named in the 1920's so I think The Wrigley Family pioneered the concept of naming rights. The big difference is A-B and Miller pay for the name. Wrigley Chewing Gum pays nothing to the Cubs. Pretty good advertising for them don't you think. :eek:

It appears that many of us are not fond of the Cubbies and hence the relationship Wrigley has with the Cubs may be counter-productive advertising :D (particularly if you had ever been forced to endure a game in that out-of-date heckhole :))

Wrigley field was named to "honor" some Wrigley or another. A-B wanted to re-name their stadium to Budweiser Stadium. MLB would not allow it, so they named in Busch in honor of the Busch family and then created a product Busch Beer to capitalize on the naming.

. . . Although Juicy-Fruit field would have certain "ring" to it! :D

Fenway Park is another.

As is the Georgia Dome, Soldier Field Paul Brown Stadium, Arrowhead Stadium, and Madison Square Garden.

If you include stadiums named after teams you also can include Yankee Stadium, Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium of Anaheim, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Nationals Park,

Please tell me your not even thinking about calling that Lasagna looking meal a pizza! :confused: Any "pizza" that has to be eaten with a knife and a fork is NOT pizza. :rolleyes: That's not to say it's not good. But just not pizza. Pizza should be thin crust and cooked so that it stays stiff when being held by the crust. :D

By the way, I'm from New Jersey!!

I was born and raised and lived my whole life Northern California and I would like to give a Californians thought on the great pizza debate. The thing I was born and raised and lived my whole life Northern California so I am not qualified to have a opinion on pizza. Anywhere they think it is OK to put pineapple on pizza just proves that we on the west coast don't know squat about pizza.

You know, this thread has been really refreshing for me. I was getting tired of reading the same opinionated debates every day (smuggling alcohol, formal night attire, is the drink package worth it, is RCL literally the devil, etc. etc.). All of those rehashed conversations pale in comparison that is the hot dog war.

Also I like to put mayo on my hot dogs.

You know, this thread has been really refreshing for me. I was getting tired of reading the same opinionated debates every day (smuggling alcohol, formal night attire, is the drink package worth it, is RCL literally the devil, etc. etc.). All of those rehashed conversations pale in comparison that is the hot dog war.

I agree! The debates are always fun between who has the best Hot Dog or Pizza. I do agree with TahoBob any place that puts any type of fruit on a Pizza knows nothing about pizza! Being born in Chicago I will always love my Chicago Dogs, Pizza, and we didn't even start about a Chicago Beef. No place can beat a Chicago Beef!:D

This is like putting A-1 on a well prepared steak. :)

As i once witnessed when my FIL literally DROWNED a filet mignon with that slop. This coming from the man who will vut the toughest roast down the middle, incinerate it on the grill and proceed to call it "steak." It's sad really.....

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Forums mobile app

I was born and raised and lived my whole life Northern California and I would like to give a Californians thought on the great pizza debate. The thing I was born and raised and lived my whole life Northern California so I am not qualified to have a opinion on pizza. Anywhere they think it is OK to put pineapple on pizza just proves that we on the west coast don't know squat about pizza.

Well they also like to put avocado on everything from what I've seen. While I like avocado (love fresh guac), I don't think it belongs on everything.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Forums mobile app

FIBs!

Chicagoans wamt to ruin nearly every dish. They insist upon putting a small salad and that disgusting neon green relish on hot dogs. And they take the "pie" part of pizza pie too seriously. (but of course, Cubs fans seem to feel that St. Louis is their arch rival but then support the Cardinals by swilling Bud beer).

Melt some decent cheese on a really great dog, put it on a good quality bun and you won't need any condiments to hide it.

Or maybe do a play on the Tur-duk-en! A hot dog, a brat, a polish, an italian and a chirizo. Again, no need to disguise any of that!

My daughter puts cheese and ketchup on her hotdogs, it make me cringe whenever I see her do it

Mayo, on a hotdog? I don't even have a response to that

I've had mayo on hot dogs before. It's actually really good. Mayo is also great on French fries!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Logical fallacy. While all Chicago style dogs are hot dogs, not all hot dogs are Chicago style.

Very true. I'll agree other cities have their own ideas of a good dog, I just don't think you will find any of them on the Allure

They should replace the doghouse on Allure with a Portillo's

Correction. They should out a Portillos on EVERY ship in the fleet! I'll take the Italian beef (dipped of course) over the Park Cafe roast beef sandwich any day, everyday.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by KMagz

Correction. They should out a Portillos on EVERY ship in the fleet! I'll take the Italian beef (dipped of course) over the Park Cafe roast beef sandwich any day, everyday.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'll vote for that too! Too bad we don't have any here. Last time at a Portillos was about 4 years ago in Downers Grove, IL!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app