OBC question

magpieman

Hi Guys,

We've only done one cruise before and that was on Ventura two years ago when we had £80 each OBC, we used it mainly for wine, drinks etc.

This year we are going on the Azura in September and we have £500 OBC to spend between two of us and I am wondering what we are going to spend it on. I'm sure we won't get down £500 worth of booze. :rolleyes:

I know it is not refundable so I want to spend it all and get my money's worth so we were thinking of leaving the excursions until we get on board and book them then because if we book now it wouldn't come off our OBC.

In your experience are there plenty of excursions left to book when we get on board? Are they dearer than pre booked excursions, if so how much dearer? Plus has anyone got any other ideas on how to spend our money.

Thanks for any information from experienced cruisers.

Your autotips can take a fair chunk - £98 assuming two for 14 nights - so leave these on. You are correct that excursions booked before boarding do not come off your OBC. I have not had any problems booking an excursion on board. They just add on extra coaches to meet the demand. The only ones where there may be a problem are those with limited capacity. The price may be higher on board, maybe £5 per person.

You could also sample the select restaurants which will use up some of your cash.

Brian

Edited by BrianI

Hi Guys,

We've only done one cruise before and that was on Ventura two years ago when we had £80 each OBC, we used it mainly for wine, drinks etc.

This year we are going on the Azura in September and we have £500 OBC to spend between two of us and I am wondering what we are going to spend it on. I'm sure we won't get down £500 worth of booze. :rolleyes:

I know it is not refundable so I want to spend it all and get my money's worth so we were thinking of leaving the excursions until we get on board and book them then because if we book now it wouldn't come off our OBC.

In your experience are there plenty of excursions left to book when we get on board? Are they dearer than pre booked excursions, if so how much dearer? Plus has anyone got any other ideas on how to spend our money.

The booze an't cheep onboard, it will soon go, believe me. We had £420 on board between us last time and we ended up paying P&O. £170 and I didn't drink that much. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We had £600 OBC on Ventura last summer. We were left with £7 of it not used at the end of the 12 day cruise. Hubby had a haircut, I had my eyelashes tinted, we bought 2 litres of gin to bring home, booked one excursion and the rest was on wine, coffee and a few beers. You will use it, the bill soon mounts up.

By the way all the excursions were available at the same prices on board. This year I only have £150 OBC:(

Enjoy your cruise knowing that P and O are paying for all your onboard spends.:cool:

We pinched the bar price list last year. So if you like a glass of wine,

This can be between £3.85 for a small glass up to £6.25 for a large glass

Beer is at least £3.45 a can and £3.70 for draught bear, Cider £4.25 a bottle of Magners

A Bottle of wine for dinner. The cheapest is about £13 upwards

So just having one or two drinks a night each. It will soon mount up.

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys,

To be fair, I did a quick calculation based on two of us having two average priced alcoholic drinks each day on the 14 night cruise we just booked and it came to about £300 just on drinks.... So don't worry about £500 ... I doubt you'll have much problem- plus as has been said, TA £55.30 each for tips too!

But some soft drinks to take on board at each port and make the best use of your OBC for drinks in the bar etc.

Also, why don't you pre-purchase your tours on your cruise personalised? Then there's nothing to worry about when your on the ship :) .... Enjoy your cruise!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I came home with a rather nice Tissot watch last year as we had more than you have in onboard spend (partly compensation from a previous cruise).

I didn't think you could use OBC to pay for tips - am I mistaken?

Edited by tring

I came home with a rather nice Tissot watch last year as we had more than you have in onboard spend (partly compensation from a previous cruise).

I didn't think you could use OBC to pay for tips - am I mistaken?

You can use OBC to pay for tips. If you leave the tips on they come directly off your account, where your OBC is.