1 point away from platium

rino002

Was wondering if anyone was able to get Ncl to make you a platinum level? Currently im at 75 points, need 76 to become a platinum member. I have a cruise booked for this sunday. I thought I would become the platinum member for this cruise, but the points are issued after the cruise. So still stuck with gold for this cruise til the next one. Since im 1 point away, has anyone called and tried to have them switch your tier level being so close.???

Was wondering if anyone was able to get Ncl to make you a platinum level? Currently im at 75 points, need 76 to become a platinum member. I have a cruise booked for this sunday. I thought I would become the platinum member for this cruise, but the points are issued after the cruise. So still stuck with gold for this cruise til the next one. Since im 1 point away, has anyone called and tried to have them switch your tier level being so close.???

Not going to happen. Points are awarded for taken cruises - since you haven't taken your cruise yet, you can't get the missing point. Rules are very simple about that.

I read somewhere on this board that after your first night on ship if you go to the latitudes desk they will SOMETIMES reprint your card giving you the new status level for the rest of your cruise (I'm sure it will depend on the crew member)....Im going to try it on my upcoming cruise in March.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I read somewhere on this board that after your first night on ship if you go to the latitudes desk they will SOMETIMES reprint your card giving you the new status level for the rest of your cruise (I'm sure it will depend on the crew member)....Im going to try it on my upcoming cruise in March.

Keep us updated please. We only 2 points away ourselves. Would love to be changed after 2nd night

Safe sailling

That was probably Carnival. But the platinum perks are so worth the wait!!

Points are awarded only upon completion of cruise, that is how the latitudes system works. We did b2b 7 night cruises in Sep/Oct last year, and reached 77 or 78 on completion of the first leg. Therefore for the second leg we were "platinum" but were not recognised as such, because the NCL system does not update until 48 hours after a completed cruise.

We did not receive any platinum benefits on the second leg, despite the fact we had clearly achieved platinum status. We were so unhappy to be treated like that, we considered "boycotting" NCL for future cruises. Glad to say we decided not to be silly about it, and have just returned from a most fantastic Panama Canal cruise on the Star. All Platinum benefits were in place, and NCL do extremely well for us in that regard.

Edited by hamrag

We did the Pearl b2b2b in 2013 turning platinum during the first week and mentioned that to the cruise consultant and she manually applied our platinum status for the second and third week, although I'm sure the third would have kicked in anyway.

Excellent outcome! In that situation, I would have really kicked back if denied and taken it right to the top of the tree onboard. What we did not realise at the time was the Le Bistro dining perk is applied to each of us i.e. 2 instances rather than one, and didn't realise wine was also included! These are meaningful perks, and we were delighted to receive them on our recent cruise.

Certainly no chance of the OP having it applied in their situation.

Excellent outcome! In that situation, I would have really kicked back if denied and taken it right to the top of the tree onboard. What we did not realise at the time was the Le Bistro dining perk is applied to each of us i.e. 2 instances rather than one, and didn't realise wine was also included! These are meaningful perks, and we were delighted to receive them on our recent cruise.

Certainly no chance of the OP having it applied in their situation.

One must remember that most b2b's are counted as 2 cruises. When the first leg is over whatever points you have will kick in for your next leg.

If one is on a 14 day cruise or a 7 day cruise and hits platinum DURING their cruise......it will NOT be applied until that cruise (or leg) is completed.

Harriet

One must remember that most b2b's are counted as 2 cruises. When the first leg is over whatever points you have will kick in for your next leg.

No they won't. Points are updated at HQ main computer system on or after disembarkation day and then later synced to ship's system. Only way the status would be updated for second leg would be manual update by Cruise Consultant during the second cruise after the update for points in HQ system has been completed - it is no way automatic during that timeframe.

Been there, done that, got the t-sh... to be Platinum. :)

No they won't. Points are updated at HQ main computer system on or after disembarkation day and then later synced to ship's system. Only way the status would be updated for second leg would be manual update by Cruise Consultant during the second cruise after the update for points in HQ system has been completed - it is no way automatic during that timeframe.

Absolutely correct! That was our experience in October last year following the first leg, and we were told it takes 48 hours for the system to be updated.

You're right. I should have said one must visit the Cruise Consultant in order to get the status on the next leg.

Harriet

I too was in a similar situation...something like 5pts away. One day I was in the basement looking for something not cruise related and found keycards from past sailings that weren't on my acct.

Ask the Latitudes folks if they can retro the sailings...and they said it was fine. They gave me an email and i scanned the keycard (good thing the print didn't wear off).

Voila! Platinum!

Since 2007 I have been taking photos of all our keycards and keeping all paperword as PDF files. Every point counts when we pay for our cruises.

Edited by ZoneHPH

im going to try after day one and visit the cruise consultant. Tell him I might be interested in purchasing 4 more future cruise vouchers lol ... maybe that might be able for him to do something lol

And you actually think that your interest in purchasing 4 more future cruise vouchers will entice him or her to break the rules and make you Platinum?

I get so tired of everyone trying to 'break the rules' or get something everyone else has to wait to get.

Why are you better than anyone else who has to wait until they've reached the proper points after their cruise?

Harriet

Off soap box

And you actually think that your interest in purchasing 4 more future cruise vouchers will entice him or her to break the rules and make you Platinum?

I get so tired of everyone trying to 'break the rules' or get something everyone else has to wait to get.

Why are you better than anyone else who has to wait until they've reached the proper points after their cruise?

Harriet

Off soap box

Guessing your wasting your breath!!!;)