2015 Hawaii/Tahiti from LA

GoVolsTB

We were waiting for that too..but after seeing they are using the Ocean and Pacific Princess to go around Tahiti, I thought they might be eliminating the RT LA, so just hopped on the October 2014 last night, just in case.....:confused:

Guess I will have to keep my eye out..thanks for posting...

Edited by hillslife

When looking at the Ruby schedule for 2015...there is a gap in April on arrival in LA and May before it starts Alaska cruising. I'm thinking that might be the ship for the RT LA. We really want to do this cruise and we can't sail it this year. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

When looking at the Ruby schedule for 2015...there is a gap in April on arrival in LA and May before it starts Alaska cruising. I'm thinking that might be the ship for the RT LA. We really want to do this cruise and we can't sail it this year. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Great Sleuthing there GoVolsTB! ;) I hope this "Thread" keeps going until the actual postings for this cruise! Might be interested in the Fall of 2015 versus a 15 day Hawaii in 2015! :rolleyes: This would be the best of both worlds!!!!!:D

Great Sleuthing there GoVolsTB! ;) I hope this "Thread" keeps going until the actual postings for this cruise! Might be interested in the Fall of 2015 versus a 15 day Hawaii in 2015! :rolleyes: This would be the best of both worlds!!!!!:D

Hopefully, we will know soon

FWIW I too am waiting on the fall 15 cruise. I 'expect' it to be 10.17.15 (the last few have sailed the 3rd Saturday of Oct).

We're looking to revisit HI and the SP (did the HAL version in the fall of '12) but timing isn't going to workout for us for this year, so it is KILLING us to see if the fall schedule.

Karen would prefer to take Princess this time due to slightly different ports visited and I would prefer Princess for the same reason and the HAL version are all on the Statendam now. While it is a fine ship, it is a bit long in the tooth (nearly 25 years old) and small for my/our tastes.

The 'prep' for the long cruise is always a great fun/time. The saving vacation days so you have enough, the planning of the dog care, revamping the workout regiment and diet to DIAL in.

Then after all that, you have a month of just chillaxing!

Derek

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was told they are not doing these in 2015 was on phone with my TA yesterday Princess & HAL have cancelled them not sure why. It's our 40th Anniversay next Sep was planning on the October Princess.:confused:

But did get a great price for this year still deciding looks like we are out of luck!!!!

But should this change please let me know as 2015 is better for us.

Also would so LOVE to be wrong about 2015

Edited by jools28

I was told they are not doing these in 2015 was on phone with my TA yesterday Princess & HAL have cancelled them not sure why. It's our 40th Anniversay next Sep was planning on the October Princess.:confused:

But did get a great price for this year still deciding looks like we are out of luck!!!!

I hope this is incorrect. This trip is high on my bucket list, but the soonest we could go would be 2015.

Hopefully, you got some "misinformation"...I just checked HAL and they still have this cruise for 2015. I really like HALs better but it is more expensive and we have no status on HAL. Talked to my TA...she has not heard anything.

That's strange sure hope I am wrong, but was on the phone yesterday with TA for 30 mins she could not find it for 2015.

Have been looking at this cruise for a few years keep my fingers crossed....:)

That's strange sure hope I am wrong, but was on the phone yesterday with TA for 30 mins she could not find it for 2015.

Have been looking at this cruise for a few years keep my fingers crossed....:)

HAL Statendam has 2 sailing RT San Diego 2/13/15 and 4/14/15.

We also would like to do a R/T out of LA or SF. We did Sydney to SF in 2009 and loved the islands portion of the cruise. We have our TA on alert as well.

According to the Princess website, the Ruby arrives on March 21st to LA and the next cruise is May 10th starting in Seattle for Alaska. So where is she sailing the month of April? I didn't see the Ruby scheduled for a drydock.

Jayne

I too am hoping there was some misinformation provided as we're looking to re-do the cruise (and hopefully on Princess rather than HAL).

If both Princess & HAL dump the RT from LA or SD for the greater South Pacific, I guess we'll do the 35 day out of Sydney if it is available.

Derek

We also would like to do a R/T out of LA or SF. We did Sydney to SF in 2009 and loved the islands portion of the cruise. We have our TA on alert as well.

According to the Princess website, the Ruby arrives on March 21st to LA and the next cruise is May 10th starting in Seattle for Alaska. So where is she sailing the month of April? I didn't see the Ruby scheduled for a drydock.

Jayne

Hi Jayne....

We were with you in 2009. Loved Bora Bora and Patrick! American Samoa with Tisa. I sure hope this works out. I also noticed that break in the Ruby schedule. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi Jayne....

We were with you in 2009. Loved Bora Bora and Patrick! American Samoa with Tisa. I sure hope this works out. I also noticed that break in the Ruby schedule. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I loved that cruise and the fact it ended in my home port. We have a new cruise terminal here in SF. Hoping Princess schedules more cruises out of it.

Jayne

Edited by Irishjayne