Only one on sailing?

colombiangirl

Is it possible that I am the only one on our Bermuda sailing? I set up a roll call what seems like so long ago and not one person has added their name! I checked the Celebrity site to register for the connections party and only 3 people have signed up. Sounds like it will be an empty ship. Meanwhile, our sailing next April on Infinity has a roll call that is very active.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Luck of the draw, some roll calls are more active than others. I've started a couple of roll calls that no one else joined for a few months. It's possible your itinerary attracts more last-minute cruisers. Just add a post once every four weeks or so, otherwise most people have their options set to only display posts from a month ago and the roll call will seem to disappear.

It's also possible there's a duplicate roll call started, either before or after you started yours. You may want to double check.

If it does turn out you're the only one on the cruise, that means you're in line for some massive price drops:):D:rolleyes:!

^^^^^^ Does anyone know why there's so much blank space above? ^^^^^^ quote]

Sorry to go off topic here, but after seeing your plea through a few threads I felt you maybe really do have a problem and no one has helped yet.

Try going back to your edit signature page and hitting backspace a few times. That is the only way I could replicate your large gap.

If that doesnt work, cut all your signature info, preview your signature (it should be blank) then repaste the info makeing sure there is no vertical scroll gap at the top.

Hope this helps and sorry to the OP for the hijack.

Cheers, h

^^^^^^ Does anyone know why there's so much blank space above? ^^^^^^ quote]

Sorry to go off topic here, but after seeing your plea through a few threads I felt you maybe really do have a problem and no one has helped yet.

Try going back to your edit signature page and hitting backspace a few times. That is the only way I could replicate your large gap.

If that doesnt work, cut all your signature info, preview your signature (it should be blank) then repaste the info makeing sure there is no vertical scroll gap at the top.

Hope this helps and sorry to the OP for the hijack.

Cheers, h

Thanks for the tip i'll try removing and redoing it and see. I have definitely tried the backspace trick a thousand times...to no avail...:)

What are the chances of an upgrade to a suite?

I'd say the same for any other cruise. It would appear it's just a function of fewer regular (read: Cruise Critic members) cruisers than normal on a Bermuda cruise-- more casual and first-time cruisers. Upgrades are more likely to happen if a cruise isn't selling well, but few participants in the roll call doesn't necessarily mean the cruise isn't selling well.

Look for price drops on suites and you can switch-- I call it the do-it-yourself Upgrade Fairy visit.

Is it possible that I am the only one on our Bermuda sailing? I set up a roll call what seems like so long ago and not one person has added their name! I checked the Celebrity site to register for the connections party and only 3 people have signed up. Sounds like it will be an empty ship. Meanwhile, our sailing next April on Infinity has a roll call that is very active.

I went to a secret site and your sailing still has plenty of unsold cabins on it.

Seems prime for a sale and then maybe you'll see more interest in the roll call.

I'd say the same for any other cruise. It would appear it's just a function of fewer regular (read: Cruise Critic members) cruisers than normal on a Bermuda cruise-- more casual and first-time cruisers. Upgrades are more likely to happen if a cruise isn't selling well, but few participants in the roll call doesn't necessarily mean the cruise isn't selling well.

Look for price drops on suites and you can switch-- I call it the do-it-yourself Upgrade Fairy visit.

Upgrades are also more likely to happen to the cruisers brand new to Celebrity also, rather than the loyal customers, so self-upgrading is the best bet. Look for GTY's closer to sailing for real bargains if you are willing to take a risk on room location, if the ship is not selling well.

Party, welcome back! I was wondering where you were. Some posters names and pictures stick in your mind, and I always liked your posts - very polite and balanced (neither a cheerleader nor a 'complainer').

Party, welcome back! I was wondering where you were. Some posters names and pictures stick in your mind, and I always liked your posts - very polite and balanced (neither a cheerleader nor a 'complainer').

Thanks:)-- I kind of burned out on Cruise Critic for a while. Seemed like either it was the same questions being asked over and over again, or else questions I couldn't give an accurate answer to. A change in occupation factored in, as well as some health issues. But I'm back!

PS...We're are in AQ on deck 11 (1116). How much better than that can we possibly get?

We were in a Sky Suite on our January B2B and it's a great cabin with many plusses including the ability to dine in Blu (officially if there's room, but we were welcomed for every dinner and breakfast :D )

BTW, IMHO Blu is the best thing added to Celebrity since they introduced a strict clean air policy and brought in a Select dining option.

I can't tell you about the "secret site" because it violates board rules... sorry. :( There are in fact a few ways to get a handle on the cabins available on any particular sailing... it took me a few searched to pin mine down.

Edited by A Sixth?

@Asixth....secret site? Hmmmm! I'm curious.

It's connected to a travel agency, so direct mention of it is verboten on Cruise Critic. When the search function is working, you may be able to glean it.

PS...We're are in AQ on deck 11 (1116). How much better than that can we possibly get?

Suite?:cool: PH?:cool::cool::cool: Still, I once turned down an upgrade to a suite to stay in an aft C1.

What are the chances of an upgrade to a suite?

if you are going by the amount of traffic on CC about zilch.

CC members are a MINUSCULE percentage of the actual number of people on any given cruise.

we were on a 6 day bermuda cruise( EN out of baltimore) where there was no Meet n Mingle as it was less than 7 days long. the roll call was decently busy and we made our own arrangements but i assure you the ship was PACKED.