Adventure of the seas

Hope89

Just decided that we want to go on a cruise. Looking into booking a balcony room on AOS 4 day bahamas cruise leaving on April 9th. I see very few balcony cabins are available. This will be our first cruise and we would like to get a decent cabin. Since its our first cruise, I have been told to get an AFT or mid ship cabin to avoid any sea sickness. Any advice on which deck and cabin would be good? TIA.

Just decided that we want to go on a cruise. Looking into booking a balcony room on AOS 4 day bahamas cruise leaving on April 9th. I see very few balcony cabins are available. This will be our first cruise and we would like to get a decent cabin. Since its our first cruise, I have been told to get an AFT or mid ship cabin to avoid any sea sickness. Any advice on which deck and cabin would be good? TIA.

I suggest deck 7. Deck 6 has less visibility because the balcony wall is all metal. From deck 7 and up, the wall is half metal, half clear.

Welcome to cruise critic. While the advice about a midship or aft cabin is good, you are probably faced with the problem of limited availability. Prime cabin locations were probably snapped up looooong ago. All you can do is try to get a cabin in the category of your choice ( you mentioned wanting a balcony).

The cabins themselves are pretty much identical (within the same category). If you think that seasickness is a real possibility ( one of you has a history of motion sickness), then try for a lower deck (6 or 7), and NOT a forward cabin. Do you have a TA to help you?

• 2 weeks later...

about your only shot would be to book a suite. People book typically a year in advance. Hubby has sea sickness problems and to date we haven't found a lick of difference in the placement of the cabin, just how high your are. If you are queezy probably don't want to go to the theater, I know it makes no sense but it's worse there than in the foreward cabins. We have been everywhere on the boat. Heard vibrations in the aft can be problematic for some people, more on some ships than others, again go figure.