I am giddy! 1st Suite!

Medtech2

So, I have had quite the saga concerning my upcoming Getaway cruise. I went from an inside to a bump out balcony. Gained/Lost OBC. Lost Latitude points(lost original over 9 month booking date), had great/horrible customer service, you name it.

Today I read a thread about suite pricing going lower on the Getaway. Start playing around and obsessing yet again.

OMG! I took the plunge! After figuring out added OBC, taking away having to buy Spa passes, it turned out to be only $430 total more for the week for both of us to go into a Spa Suite, with Haven access. I am just giddy!

And what is really funny is my booking really has turned into quite the file, as the PCC I called read all the "notes" attached to my reservation number from all the drama surrounding past changes...

A Suite....

Funny, when we first booked the Epic for our 25th wedding anniversary in 2010 the TA tried to get us into a Spa Suite and I declined, opting for 2 weeks in a regular balcony for the price of 1 week in the Spa Suite.

Woot, woot! Now, if DH would be just as excited, lol. He just patted me on the head and said, "whatever you want, dear." He's Kray-Kray...:D

So, I have had quite the saga concerning my upcoming Getaway cruise. I went from an inside to a bump out balcony. Gained/Lost OBC. Lost Latitude points(lost original over 9 month booking date), had great/horrible customer service, you name it.

Today I read a thread about suite pricing going lower on the Getaway. Start playing around and obsessing yet again.

OMG! I took the plunge! After figuring out added OBC, taking away having to buy Spa passes, it turned out to be only $430 total more for the week for both of us to go into a Spa Suite, with Haven access. I am just giddy!

And what is really funny is my booking really has turned into quite the file, as the PCC I called read all the "notes" attached to my reservation number from all the drama surrounding past changes...

A Suite....

Funny, when we first booked the Epic for our 25th wedding anniversary in 2010 the TA tried to get us into a Spa Suite and I declined, opting for 2 weeks in a regular balcony for the price of 1 week in the Spa Suite.

Woot, woot! Now, if DH would be just as excited, lol. He just patted me on the head and said, "whatever you want, dear." He's Kray-Kray...:D

Congratulations! Have Fun :)

You know its people like the OP who are inspiring (or maybe influencing me ;)) to contemplate splurging on an upgrade to a Haven Spa Suite for our Getaway sailing, which is (yay!) just over one week away! Well, the OP, and the other guy who started the thread informing us all of the price restructuring that just occurred with the suites, which essentially made the "upgrade" price for me from over $3,000 down to an horribly tempting $1,300. And when I figure in 1) that we would save on not having to pay for Vibe ($160), 2) not having to rush to the port in the AM to board early for Vibe passes, and 3) most likely a bump in onboard credit, the deal is becoming waaaaay too good to pass up. Ugh, I'm making the call to my TA tomorrow to get the details, but most likely.......suite life, here we come! :cool:

Oh, and by the way, this would be our first proper suite too, so if we line this up I'd be with you in first-suite-giddy-land!!!

Edited by joeski27

Congratulations!!!!

We went through a similar path for our Honeymoon Cruise in May on Getaway.

Started with a balcony, moved to spa minisuite, then moved to Haven Spa Suite!

I'm very glad the suite prices dropped for all of us who were able to take advantage!

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

You know its people like the OP who are inspiring (or maybe influencing me ;)) to contemplate splurging on an upgrade to a Haven Spa Suite for our Getaway sailing, which is (yay!) just over one week away! Well, the OP, and the other guy who started the thread informing us all of the price restructuring that just occurred with the suites, which essentially made the "upgrade" price for me from over $3,000 down to an horribly tempting $1,300. And when I figure in 1) that we would save on not having to pay for Vibe ($160), 2) not having to rush to the port in the AM to board early for Vibe passes, and 3) most likely a bump in onboard credit, the deal is becoming waaaaay too good to pass up. Ugh, I'm making the call to my TA tomorrow to get the details, but most likely.......suite life, here we come! :cool:

Oh, and by the way, this would be our first proper suite too, so if we line this up I'd be with you in first-suite-giddy-land!!!

Plus, if you have been using American Express for your deposit and any payments you will be eligible for extra Amex OBC for booking a Suite...

I now only use my Amex since they periodically offer extra OBC for using it. Not always, but worked this time!

:) :) Thanks everyone for the congrats! Now I will be reading every thread pertaining to the Suites, the Haven, and the Haven Restaurant. Already there has been a very informative one concerning tips for the butler and concierge.

Plus, if you have been using American Express for your deposit and any payments you will be eligible for extra Amex OBC for booking a Suite...

I now only use my Amex since they periodically offer extra OBC for using it. Not always, but worked this time!

Did you just pay with Amax and get the OBC or booked through AMAX. We were on Celebrity Reflection a year ago and paid everything with AMAX using my TA. We had a suite but read on CC a problem with it so contacted TA and X upgraded us to Aqua Suite and all the sudden $300 OBC showed up. Thought it was because of the suite issue. Was on Oasis last month paid all with AMAX with a suite and no OBC. We are Platinum card holders.

Did you call AMAX and ask for OBC?

Amex additional OBC is through NCL it is an additional 300. Also, we just booked a Haven suite for April at an amazing price and received both UBP & UDP + OBC...great deals. To the OP - your DH has no idea what's in store for you all in your new suite. We had warm pretzels delivered each night as one of our treats. Enjoy and have fun!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

A Suite....

Congratulations !! Don't ya love the watching and wheeling & dealing that got there ?? I love nailing a great deal !!! :D

My condolences to your bank account. The suite life is NCL crack. Once you try it it is hard to say no for your next cruise no matter the price. :D:D:D

Enjoy :)

Ain't that the truth!

That is why we only cruise once every year!

A Suite....

Awesome!! Welcome to the club. I know you will LOVE it. :D

Sent from my phone - using the Cruise Critic forums app

My condolences to your bank account. The suite life is NCL crack. Once you try it it is hard to say no for your next cruise no matter the price. :D:D:D

Enjoy :)

LOL....very true! :/

Sent from my phone - using the Cruise Critic forums app

Congratulations!!!!

We went through a similar path for our Honeymoon Cruise in May on Getaway.

Started with a balcony, moved to spa minisuite, then moved to Haven Spa Suite!

I'm very glad the suite prices dropped for all of us who were able to take advantage!

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

This is pretty much our story for our upcoming April 26 Getaway cruise. I had a suite one other time that was an upgrade surprise on Carnival. We had booked a balcony guarantee and didn't even know our cabin number until we showed up for the cruise. Even then we didn't know it was a suite until we walked in. It was very nice but no other perks were ever offered, no butler, nothing. I am just going to savor each day and enjoy the NCL suite life because I don't know if I will have the opportunity to afford a suite again.

I will say this, the way it worked out, it cost us less to upgrade then it would have cost if we had booked the same cabin in the beginning. And that may be my strategy in the future.