Hate this Board!!!

newyorkray

I love cruises, particularly Celebrity. I was on the Reflection last January and this January and the Norwegian Breakaway in September (only because it was an large family cruise and I didn't pick the ship). Been on 10 cruises but first time 3 in a year. I usually only go on these boards after i book and am getting excited. Had a little time tonight so signed on even though I don't have a cruise booked. It Kicked up my addiction!!!! Can't go to sleep tonight until I book a cruise!!! All because I went on the message boards!! I meet people who only cruised once, had some minor negative events and now hate cruises. How is this possible. To all leaving soon, have a great time. Gotta go, have a cruise to book!!!!

I love cruises, particularly Celebrity. I was on the Reflection last January and this January and the Norwegian Breakaway in September (only because it was an large family cruise and I didn't pick the ship). Been on 10 cruises but first time 3 in a year. I usually only go on these boards after i book and am getting excited. Had a little time tonight so signed on even though I don't have a cruise booked. It Kicked up my addiction!!!! Can't go to sleep tonight until I book a cruise!!! All because I went on the message boards!! I meet people who only cruised once, had some minor negative events and now hate cruises. How is this possible. To all leaving soon, have a great time. Gotta go, have a cruise to book!!!!

What a great addiction especially living in NYC after this horrific winter.

It's definitely an affliction. I'm a fellow sufferer. Now that I seemingly always have a cruise booked (i used to do 1 a year now its like 2ish) I find myself wandering over here way too much :-)

Hey, we could all definitely be doing worse things! :)

As in my signature have a cruise booked for January 2015, but then at end of January this year I could not wait so long and had to book another cruise for the European summer.

And I am on the boards again all the time:eek: Reading two sets of roll calls, two sets of reviews, lots of Ports and accommodation, You tube etc. etc.

Now only 146 days before a sail away instead of 338:D

I know what you mean, I've been trapped in Chicago weather for over 2 months and just went crazy and booked a Celebrity coastal cruise last minute, today!! It leaves in 27 days, and yes, reading the boards kicked up my addiction also!!:D

I love the message boards and the fact that people are so very generous in sharing tips with me. And I hope those first timers that hate cruises for all the wrong reasons are never on a cruise with me. :eek: I mean, get a life people!!:rolleyes:

Enjoy your cruise, Sue

Makes this really bad winter a little better knowing I am not the only one with this terrible affliction!!! Went to sleep last night anyway because I can't decide on which cruise. Summer at the beach in NY is my thing but don't feel I can wait until next winter! Maybe late spring or early fall!! The choices.. the choices......Thanks to all sharing the same love of the sea and ship

Good to know I'm not the only one afflicted! I, too, usually only peruse the boards when I have a cruise booked, but ever since we got back from Alaska, I am usually over on those boards trying to help people out. Plus I'd pop over to these boards to see what's going on with Captain's Club, the Connie & the Millie and dang if I didn't catch the bug. So? Since my 30th wedding anniversary is a year from now, I convinced my DH that we had to go on a cruise and so now I'm counting days until I'm on the Summit in the Southern Caribbean!

• 2 weeks later...

I have found through the years that many of the people that hate cruise fall into several types.

1. They don't like water and are afraid to be more than 50 ft. from shore or they are afraid of things in the water.

2. They never get off the ship at the ports and always complain that cruises are boring.

3. Some folks don't like enjoying anything.

4. Some are afraid to spend money and after paying for a cruise are afraid that they are spending their kids future money.

I'm sure there are other reasons, please feel free to add.

J.

newyorkray, when your eyes get tired reading the boards all day, you can always look at the web cams of the lucky people sailing out of FLL and Miami. You're in the same time zone, so you don't have to do it in the middle of the day!:D

Oops, it's 4 PM, gotta get off here and do something today!