Low Key Beach

Fast_Camaro

I've looked and looked. Can't decide!! Wife and I will be in Barbados on a Thursday the 2nd week of April. We'd like to go to a low key beach that offers wifi, beach chairs, umbrellas and a good place to eat. Also looking for white beach and clear waters. Boatyard looks like a great place, but way too many folks.

We're just looking for a quiet beach to relax, swim, use the wifi. Any suggestions?? Harbor lights?? Thanks!!

I've looked and looked. Can't decide!! Wife and I will be in Barbados on a Thursday the 2nd week of April. We'd like to go to a low key beach that offers wifi, beach chairs, umbrellas and a good place to eat. Also looking for white beach and clear waters. Boatyard looks like a great place, but way too many folks.

We're just looking for a quiet beach to relax, swim, use the wifi. Any suggestions?? Harbor lights?? Thanks!!

Try the Tiki Bar at Accra Beach.

$7.50 round trip per person. Cab driver returned for us at specified time. About a 15 minute ride from the ship.

We paid $15 (USD) per person and got chairs and umbrellas. We also got $30 (BDS) in play money. We used this for food and drinks at the Tiki Bar. Huge variety of drinks, food is typical bar food, beach is in a cove with nice waves. Bathrooms are clean. WIFI.

Hope this helps.

Vicki

Vicki - please explain the $30 in (BDS) play money. thanks

I just read some reviews on Tripadvisor and it seems that you pay for the chairs, but that money can be used toward drinks/food. In other words as long as you buy food the chairs are free but they get that money up front. Almost like they give you a gift card for the same amount you paid for the chairs.

That's it. Pay up front $15 per person.(US).

That's = to $30 in Barbados $ which they give back to you immediately.

Kind of guarantees you'll eat and drink at the Tiki Hut.

Food and drinks are reasonably priced.

We actually spent a little more that afternoon.

Nice beach. Fun place.

Vicki

Vicki -

Just curious...why would I pick that place over boatyard/harbor lights?? I'm just asking because obviously you've been there. Thank you :)

That's it. Pay up front $15 per person.(US).

That's = to $30 in Barbados $ which they give back to you immediately.

Kind of guarantees you'll eat and drink at the Tiki Hut.

Food and drinks are reasonably priced.

We actually spent a little more that afternoon.

Nice beach. Fun place.

Vicki

Vicki -

Just curious...why would I pick that place over boatyard/harbor lights?? I'm just asking because obviously you've been there. Thank you :)

We looked into going to Carlisle Bay, but decided against it for several reasons.

First, it was the place that seemed to be talked about by people on the ship...both passengers and staff. We thought it might be very crowded. Second, the description of the water was very different. It's very calm at Carlisle and there's lots of great waves at Accra Beach.

We also thought the idea of getting the "play" money was fun and our group (5 adults) didn't need the activities being offered at the Boatyard. We had our chairs, umbrellas, music, WIFI, drinks, food, and beautiful water...and there was room to move around.

One of the Tiki Bar guys actually came to tell us when our cab driver came back for us!!

I'm sure you could have fun at either beach.

Vicki

Uhmmm I just checked RCCL JEWEL OF THE SEAS shore excursion and tiki bar is one of them. I don't think we'll be going out to tiki bar now. Will probably be the "go to" beach as directed by the ship. Is there any other highly regarded beach/bar with our prerequisites?? Sorry about that...