MS Westeram & MS Veendam Sail-Away, Feb 22, 2014

aliaschief

[quote name='PathfinderEss'][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkred]really, downtown Dayton, Ohio.:D[/COLOR][/SIZE]:D:D[/quote]

That is, of course, that the depth of the Mississippi River and the Ohio River would get the ship as far as the mouth of the Miami River.:D:D:D

[quote name='aliaschief']My neighbors who are avid RCL cruisers rave about Oasis and sister ship and swear they feel less crowded on the behemoth than on the smaller class RCL ships.[/QUOTE]

ANYTHING would be less crowded than the smaller class RCI ships. There is not a quiet public area onboard

[quote name='PathfinderEss'][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkred]really, downtown Dayton, Ohio.:D[/COLOR][/SIZE]:D:D[/quote]

Nice town near a really great aviation museum.

Downtown Dayton OH once had a historic 100 year flood. Even the bridges would pose no problem in that event. Best part for me would be that I could just drive to the cruise port.

[quote name='the2ofus']Nice town near a really great aviation museum.

Downtown Dayton OH once had a historic 100 year flood. Even the bridges would pose no problem in that event. Best part for me would be that I could just drive to the cruise port.[/quote]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=darkred]I know, I lived there for awhile. Nice town.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=darkred] [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='aliaschief']My neighbors who are avid RCL cruisers rave about Oasis and sister ship and swear they feel less crowded on the behemoth than on the smaller class RCL ships.[/quote]

Yes. I have a friend who sailed on Allure. While it was their first cruise, the family had a great time, will cruise again, and had no issues when I asked about possible negatives. They cannot wait to cruise again.

[quote name='rafinmd']Well, must get to my Blue & Gold and miss the Veendam. Ironically, it looks like my next sailaway will be the Veendam May 1.

Thanks for the thread, Chief and for the webcams, Lou and Dave.

Roy[/QUOTE]

Roy, Enjoy your evening. B. Edited by aliaschief

[quote name='aliaschief']United States Air Force Museum in Dayton is huge and you can spend a couple of days there.

Museum is the largest tourist attraction in Ohio.[/quote]

Considering the number of astronauts who were native Ohioans, Neil Armstrong among them, it is a shame the museum couldn't have been recipient of one of the retired shuttles.

[quote name='aliaschief']United States Air Force Museum in Dayton is huge and you can spend a couple of days there.

Museum is the largest tourist attraction in Ohio.[/quote]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkred]yeah, we went thru it when we lived there and took a few friends thru it when they came to visit, great place especially if your into aviation.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]