Navigator Hints, tips, etc

train460

Yes, there is a section by the pools just for suite passengers. On each side of the pool bar is a set of stairs leading to the 12th deck. At each landing on these stairs is a row of loungers in a roped off area with a sign stating this area is for gold (suite) SeaPass holders.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

We were on the April 20 sailing. Had the same cabin as when I sailed on Feb 23. Same steward too. Different captain and cruise director.

We discovered the aft area of Deck 4. Very peaceful.

Interesting note. The first time on board, the mattress seemed so hard. This time it didn't bother me at all. Was it the same mattress? Don't know.

anything new from recent travelers?

michael

We just got off the boat yesterday.

Chops is where it is at for food. You cannot compare the stuff they call food elsewhere on the ship to Chops. I hated dropping the extra money, but it was worth it. I'm a food snob though. The scallops and bacon to start. Aged porterhouse. Mud pie. So good.

Vintages almost never has a crowd, even when they have Tapas out, which was very good. If you drink wine, I recommend going, although they did not offer my favorite, Jordan.

70's theme night is not the decade, but the age range.

Edited by Stone_Lotus

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have any info on what disembarkation is like now the new duty taxes have been imposed. You used to clear immigration and be straight out the building. With the new taxes I wondered if the queues are worse/better and how it is going

Thanks

For faster "get out of the building" use the far right lane, near restrooms. This lane is for those using porter service, worth the $5 tip.

• 1 month later...
getting close.

Michael

I know, the cruise will be here before you know it. And we are so ready for it. I've got to reserve our specialty dining times. Everything else is pretty much done; precruise hotel booked, parking reserved. A few days before the cruise I will start packing and we'll be on our way down to Galveston.

• 1 month later...

missed this. Thought we had walked every floor of the Ship.

on the 11th floor. inside the Adult pool area towards the front, 2 outside doors goes around to the front. there is a viewing area with windows to watch what is going on in the Bridge area and what the pilot, captain etc are doing, with a description on the equipment you are looking at.

Mad that we missed this.

Also as mentioned don't miss the love and marriage show and quest.

missed this. Thought we had walked every floor of the Ship.

on the 11th floor. inside the Adult pool area towards the front, 2 outside doors goes around to the front. there is a viewing area with windows to watch what is going on in the Bridge area and what the pilot, captain etc are doing, with a description on the equipment you are looking at.

Mad that we missed this.

Also as mentioned don't miss the love and marriage show and quest.

Glad that you mentioned Quest. I sailed with several cousins on Navigator back in May who were first-time cruisers, and they had a ball at Quest. I've never seen so many "uninhibited" people in one room in all my life...LOL It's the one activity with RCI that I never tire of!

• 3 weeks later...
Great tips everyone! We are sailing OCT 12th from Galveston, can't wait!! The Quest show, what kind of show is it? Sorry, newbie here :)

Look up some Youtube videos on Quest... I can't imagine ever getting tired of it -- it's just always hilarious and a great time. At least, actively playing it is! Maybe just watching it is boring? I vow to never find that out. :D