Navigator Hints, tips, etc

train460

Great tips everyone! We are sailing OCT 12th from Galveston, can't wait!! The Quest show, what kind of show is it? Sorry, newbie here :)

I never get tired of Quest...neither does my DH. Since I work in a rather serious and intense occupation, when on vacation I rather enjoy crazy stuff like that! When we were on Navigator in May, Quest was held in Studio B.

Absolutely go to Quest and have a ball! :cool:

Great tips everyone! We are sailing OCT 12th from Galveston, can't wait!! The Quest show, what kind of show is it? Sorry, newbie here :)

Oct 12th sailing? So are we!! Have you joined our roll call? If not, come visit!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I only every traveled on Carnival before, this will be my first royal caribbean cruise. On Carnival they have a coin that that put on the ship before it's maiden voyage that you can find usually on a glass box somewhere on the ship. Does anyone know if the Navigator has a coin we can see? Or does royal caribbean not do this?

I only every traveled on Carnival before, this will be my first royal caribbean cruise. On Carnival they have a coin that that put on the ship before it's maiden voyage that you can find usually on a glass box somewhere on the ship. Does anyone know if the Navigator has a coin we can see? Or does royal caribbean not do this?

Royal does the same thing, and I've seen the coins on other ships, but don't recall where they are on Navigator.

Royal does the same thing, and I've seen the coins on other ships, but don't recall where they are on Navigator.

I don't know why, but it's a fun scavenger hunt for me if I don't already know where to look. (although it's easier to find if someone tells me) ;) hopefully someone knows. Otherwise it will probably be around a year before I can tell anyone that might be interested.

The sushi demo was done in May. It after the sexy man contest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

No it is my understanding that some ships have a special sushi lunch with demonstration in Izumi?

Just off Navigator 10/5/14. Had GS 1560. It is directly below the Solarium and every morning 4:30am - 6:00am the metal loungers were moved across the Tile flooring causing scraping noise, plus several carts were rolled constantly across the flooring at these hours. The noise constantly woke us up at these hours daily. A DJ played loud music on Solarium the day before disembarkation from 11:00PM - 2:00AM which could be heard below in Suite 1560 and the Balcony. If you are a light sleeper, move away from where the Solarium is located.

No it is my understanding that some ships have a special sushi lunch with demonstration in Izumi?

We just got off on Sunday. They had a make your own sushi class in Izumi on one day at 10:15am. I think it was $25 and you got to eat what you made.

It was too early for me to eat sushi so I didn't attend. I suggested that lunch time would be better but he said they were open for lunch so that wouldn't work - makes sense but why not do it around 3 or 4 pm then? Sushi for breakfast doesn't seem like a big seller. JMO.

We just got off on Sunday. They had a make your own sushi class in Izumi on one day at 10:15am. I think it was $25 and you got to eat what you made.

It was too early for me to eat sushi so I didn't attend. I suggested that lunch time would be better but he said they were open for lunch so that wouldn't work - makes sense but why not do it around 3 or 4 pm then? Sushi for breakfast doesn't seem like a big seller. JMO.

Thanks that's what I was looking for but I think I will give it a miss too at that time!

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the Bon Jovi tribute is a must! Great show, and I was surprised that none of the older audience left during the show.

Wait there is a Bon Jovi tribute!!!??? Wonder if it will still be there when i sail?

Glad that you mentioned Quest. I sailed with several cousins on Navigator back in May who were first-time cruisers, and they had a ball at Quest. I've never seen so many "uninhibited" people in one room in all my life...LOL It's the one activity with RCI that I never tire of!

you are so correct. As I am one of the uninhibited people at the Quest. :eek::eek:

Edited by Folk Singer

Glad that you mentioned Quest. I sailed with several cousins on Navigator back in May who were first-time cruisers, and they had a ball at Quest. I've never seen so many "uninhibited" people in one room in all my life...LOL It's the one activity with RCI that I never tire of!

I wonder if you're refering to the May 25th cruise? My daughter and son-in-law won 1st place in the "Love and Marriage Game!" (Connie and Rob) :eek::eek:

What i HAVE been seeing is 2 differant opinions on what can and can't be done. Like bringing an extension cord with to keep your batteries charged etc. some say bring, others say not allowed. I would like to hear from the ones that have done these kinds of things recently, not on "what they have heard".

Michael

We brought an extension cord and two power strips on our cruise on FOS in May. On embarkation day after all of our luggage had finally made it to our room, we realized we were still missing my daughter's backpack. Went to Guest Relations to inquire and found out it was confiscated by security. Nobody notified us or left us a note, we had to find this out on our own but they wouldn't tell us why. Then we had to wait for them to find someone to meet us down at security, and then wait and wait for that person to finally show up. It was confiscated because of the extension cord. They gave us my daughter's backpack but kept the extension cord, which they said we could get back when we disembarked. The two power strips we brought were not confiscated. Needless to say, we forgot all about the extension cord until we were loading up the van to go home, and weren't about to go back in to get it. This was our first cruise ever so didn't know we weren't allowed to bring it. I had read several threads about only having two outlets and people bringing power strips, etc., but didn't see any warnings that extension cords are a no-no.

We use this. It's a Belkin and it's a surge protector. Works great and is very compact.
Belkin Surge is what we bring with us as well. When we go cruising.:)

Yep, was mentioned earlier in the thread. Make sure you get the 1 amp model, there's a .5 amp which looks identical.