Incorrect Sunshine Cruise Tomorrow Email?

elbaseball212

I have to admit that I find it rather amazing that Carnival can send me an e-mail advising me of an upcoming cruise on the Sunshine ( which I do NOT have ) when they were unable to send me one letting me know that my cruise on the Splendour later this year was cancelled.

The only way I found out about that cancellation was by reading about it here on CC.

The number of screwups they have made lately and some of the awful changes they have made in music, entertainment etc are all reasons why I have sworn off them for the time being. ( perhaps forever if RCCL continues to impress me )

Inspector Gadget

I have to admit that I find it rather amazing that Carnival can send me an e-mail advising me of an upcoming cruise on the Sunshine ( which I do NOT have ) when they were unable to send me one letting me know that my cruise on the Splendour later this year was cancelled.

Or a simple confirmation email when booking online.

I too received the same letter via Email; we should all see what there is in common with each other (besides receiving the letter). I just last week booked a cruise through cruise compete for the MSC Divina in April 2014... any comonalities there...? Just wondering.

Edited by Radioman2355

I also received the email and retraction. To an email addy that has never been used for anything but to set up a FB account for gaming. Carnival must've bought a list of email addys from somewhere and they got mixed in with their guest email addys. I bet half the country got the email. I wonder how much chaos will ensue at the dock in NOLA today. WTG Vickster. LOL

OK, everyone, print your email, grab your passport, and we'll see you all in NOLA in the morning!

A little late for me to do that. I just checked my e mail now and saw the letter :p. too long of a drive- looks like I missed the boat again!!! lol

I got a email from Carnival today Welcoming me to the Carnival Sunshine and that Mardi Gra will be on and getting to the port will most likely take you longer but they are sailing promptly at 4:00pm

The problem is .... I'm not sailing on the Sunshine. I'll be sailing the Breeze on March 1st.

Just wandering if anyone else got this email by mistake.

I got the letter last night at 8:29 followed by a retraction e-mail at 10:29. Maybe they accidentally sent it to everyone who has either cruised or is currently booked on the Sunshine? At any rate, I'm glad I got the retraction! At first I thought my husband accidentally booked something! :eek:

I got the email and the retraction, and I've never sailed or booked a cruise with Carnival at all!

I have sailed with a sister brand (Princess), so maybe they share mailing lists?

Now THAT'S a little disturbing! I hope they send an update of why this happened.

Yep, we got it too. Then 2 hours later got the RETRACTION letter.

Same here.

It could have been a much worse e-mail. Something like "We've discovered that our website has been hacked and they have your credit card numbers, Sorry" :D