Booked fascination yesterday mistake

Cruisegirl6

HELLO,

We wanted a getaway before our main cruise and booked the Fascination yesterday, due to the fact its very cheap, 5 nights is perfect for a getaway and the fact its only a half hour drive time to the ship for us.

We ALWAYS gotten balcony cabins and now wondering whether we made an error taking ocean view cabins on the Empress Deck the first and second cabin to the guess services, but it was the only two cabins available on that deck lol.

I gather it be very noisy in that area but on the other hand its quick get off the ship for us as the gangway is right there. The only balconies that were available were on the Main deck and I never choose a deck that low in the ship, so we opt for the ocean view....the price for our cabin was under 1k and if we chose the balcony it would of been 400 more not sure if we made the right decision...

My question is, what if the day on boarding they have junior suite rooms still available can we ask for a change or upgrade and curious how much they would charge. Has anybody changed and upgraded their cabin the day of sailing?

HELLO,

We wanted a getaway before our main cruise and booked the Fascination yesterday, due to the fact its very cheap, 5 nights is perfect for a getaway and the fact its only a half hour drive time to the ship for us.

We ALWAYS gotten balcony cabins and now wondering whether we made an error taking ocean view cabins on the Empress Deck the first and second cabin to the guess services, but it was the only two cabins available on that deck lol.

I gather it be very noisy in that area but on the other hand its quick get off the ship for us as the gangway is right there. The only balconies that were available were on the Main deck and I never choose a deck that low in the ship, so we opt for the ocean view....the price for our cabin was under 1k and if we chose the balcony it would of been 400 more not sure if we made the right decision...

My question is, what if the day on boarding they have junior suite rooms still available can we ask for a change or upgrade and curious how much they would charge. Has anybody changed and upgraded their cabin the day of sailing?

I don't know if it's the same, but on our recent Inspiration cruise, we receive a little info pamphlet at check in that has several FAQ-type questions. One of them:

CAN I HAVE A STATEROOM UPGRADE?

Opportunities to purchase an upgrade in your accommodations are available prior to the sailing date, subject to availability. Regrettably, we cannot accommodate requests for upgrades on the day of sailing because we sail full.

I don't know how true this is, as I'm certain the cruise we were on wasn't full, but I don't know if anyone was able to upgrade at the port.

We just got off the Fascination last week and the gangway is one deck below the Riviera deck. With that being said we had always booked balcony cabins too and had our first ocean view on the Fascination because we did it last minute and on a budget. We were on the Riviera deck and it was great because we were odd the ship in no time while in port and when we were back in Jacksonville to disbark it was the quickest we has ever gotten off. Turns out our PC was fine for the 5 days. We didn't even miss the balcony like I thought we would

the price for our cabin was under 1k and if we chose the balcony it would of been 400 more not sure if we made the right decision...

I would hope it was WELL under 1K. Sailing on the Fascination is very economical.

Maybe I didn't explain correctly when you first board the ship and got off the ship in Jacksonville which deck was it on?

Still one deck below The Riviera deck. Save your money and don't upgrade to a junior suite. You were lured to take this sailing because of cheap prices. Paying more would defeat that purpose. IMHO, it's a waste of money in this itinerary and class of ship.

BTW, we upgraded from Riviera to Empress, only a few cabins away from Guest Services, and regretted it. Lots of traffic outside our door, and music and loud conversation could be heard from the atrium lobby until around midnight. Lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

We just got off the Fascination last week and the gangway is one deck below the Riviera deck. With that being said we had always booked balcony cabins too and had our first ocean view on the Fascination because we did it last minute and on a budget. We were on the Riviera deck and it was great because we were odd the ship in no time while in port and when we were back in Jacksonville to disbark it was the quickest we has ever gotten off. Turns out our PC was fine for the 5 days. We didn't even miss the balcony like I thought we would

Sorry for all the typos - posted this from my phone!

I agree with Tapi - I wouldn't stress over not having a balcony on this cruise. I would stick with my OV and maybe even see if I could get a lower deck too. This ship is wonderful and even though all our other cruises have been 7 days and in balcony cabins we had a wonderful time. Already looking at booking another one on her taking the family because we had such a wonderful time and the prices are so reasonable.

I'm doing a review of our cruise on the Fascination now if you're interested in following. Here is a link - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1992968

Just go and have a good time!

Thank you, truly appreciate your help we are now content for what you all are saying and for we have ....unfortunately it is the two rooms right near guest services but we don't go to sleep until way past midnight so its not much of an issue in fact I rather be on the Empress deck there than all the way down on the Main deck. We had the junior suite last May and we agree the balconies were very small but it was fine for this type of cruise. Your correct, its a getaway for us not our main cruise ocean view is fine, we thank you for all your help and advice/suggestions.

For the price we paid for our Allure of the Seas cruise in May we could go on 4 of these, maybe something to think about next year....lol.

Georgiamomo thank you will read your review appreciate it.

We going on the Fascination and realize there aren't any specialty restaurants and like to for once try the buffet dinner. Can anybody tell us what they serve there, is it worth going to and we figured if we can get the latest copy of the MDR menu we choose a night that we least like the menu to try the buffet.

Do they still have punch liners breakfast?

Thank you.

Sailed on the Sensation last year, which has the same layout as the Fascination. Booked E75 &E77. Pretty close to guest services. There is a door that separates this area and we heard no additional noise from other times when we weren't booked as close. And there should only be foot traffic from folks going to or from their cabins since that's all that's beyond those big doors. Keep your rooms and your money. And have a great trip!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Lyndmar, DW and I have sailed Fascination 5 times. We have been in cabins E75, E77, E79. Never had any noise issues. Usually the entertainment in the Lobby at the bar area is not very loud as it is a small lobby area. No noise problems with those at the Guest Services desk. Empress is in the middle, so no issues getting anywhere on the ship.