Thins to Do along Gulf Coast

etwright

We are cruising out of New Orleans in July. We will be spending some extra days along the gulf coast from Pensacola, FL to Houston because we will be flying out of Houston. Any suggestions of must do items along this route? Maybe someone here from that area???

Thanks

If you like history, the USS Alabama is in Mobile (along with a few other military items and a museum), The USS Texas (a WW1 battleship) is in LaPorte TX, A naval aviation museum in Pensacola, Pensacola Beach, Swamp tours in LA, all the stuff in NOLA, NASA in Houston, Galveston Island...those just off the top of my head.

Spend at least two days in Cajun Country, around the Lafayette area. So much to see, so much food to eat. I spent months there and it still wasn't enough!!

San Jacinto Battlefield next to the Battleship Texas in LaPorte Tex right East of Houston is good also.

Spend at least two days in Cajun Country, around the Lafayette area. So much to see, so much food to eat. I spent months there and it still wasn't enough!!

San Jacinto Battlefield next to the Battleship Texas in LaPorte Tex right East of Houston is good also.

You are right I don't know how I could have forgot the San Jacinto Battlefield. You can go up in the tower and see a loooooooooooooooooooong way.

You are right I don't know how I could have forgot the San Jacinto Battlefield. You can go up in the tower and see a loooooooooooooooooooong way.

And...important for us Texans...you can see the stump of the tree (it died years ago) where Generalisimo Santa Anna was taken to surrender to Sam Houston. Where the old addage "Don't Mess With Texas" started. :D

By the way...it is a couple of days early but Happy Texas Independence Day to everyone (March 2 is the actual day...178 years).

And...important for us Texans...you can see the stump of the tree (it died years ago) where Generalisimo Santa Anna was taken to surrender to Sam Houston. Where the old addage "Don't Mess With Texas" started. :D

By the way...it is a couple of days early but Happy Texas Independence Day to everyone (March 2 is the actual day...178 years).

I'm a native Texan and I've never been to Washington on the Brazos! :eek:

I still find the history in my native New England much more interesting. :D

I thought the whole "Don't mess with Texas" nonsense was Ladybyrd Johnson and her anti littering campaign.

I still find the history in my native New England much more interesting. :D

I thought the whole "Don't mess with Texas" nonsense was Ladybyrd Johnson and her anti littering campaign.

The nuclear submarine USS Texas motto is "Don't Mess with Texas"!

Christened and commissioned in Galveston:D

History everywhere is interesting. We are just very proud of our Texas History:)