Best transportation from FLL to MIA

CruiseGirl3434

My understanding (from friends) is that there is a direct shuttle service to Miami you can jump to - also, check if carnival offers it in pre and post cruise offers - it may be a bit more, but it will give you piece of mind as they guarantee to wait for you guys in the event you are delayed - hope that helps a bit!

Looking for the best transportation from the FLL (fort lauderdale airport) to the ports in Miami! We will be arriving into FLL around 1030 am! Thank you!! :)

We have used ridesas.com for years and Steven is always reliable and pretty cheap.I have done a mock booking a few weeks back and did see Carnival now offers a more affordable transfer now, I think it was $15 or $18 per person for those who want to use the cruise line just for piece of mind

We have used ridesas.com for years and Steven is always reliable and pretty cheap.I have done a mock booking a few weeks back and did see Carnival now offers a more affordable transfer now, I think it was $15 or $18 per person for those who want to use the cruise line just for piece of mind

They still charge $30 each way, the reduced fare is for people who have purchased through the fly aweigh program.

Shuttles are a convenient choice but,

I will rent a car sometimes, depending on schedules, it might allow me flexibility to run some errands on the way. This is certainly my choice on the return trip if I have a late flight.

Ian

They still charge $30 each way, the reduced fare is for people who have purchased through the fly aweigh program.

Shuttles are a convenient choice but,

I will rent a car sometimes, depending on schedules, it might allow me flexibility to run some errands on the way. This is certainly my choice on the return trip if I have a late flight.

Ian

I just did a mock booking and it allows me to purchase without airfare for $16 each way

You may want to also check out the port of call board, which is where this thread will likely get moved anyway...

But we had great service from SAS last year and would recommend them. Prompt and professional. They even called my cell 10 min before they picked me up to let me know they were on the way.

Looking for the best transportation from the FLL (fort lauderdale airport) to the ports in Miami! We will be arriving into FLL around 1030 am! Thank you!! :)

We have also used SAS for years. Never had an issue. Will continue to use them.

I know that this is not something everybody can do, but one time when we sailed out of Miami, we were trying to standby on a 9:30am flight out of Ft. Lauderdale. I told my PVP, who volunteered to pick us up and drive us to the airport!

We did self assist debarkation and were off the ship by 7:30am. Our PVP was waiting for us right as we exited the terminal, drove us to the airport and we were waking through security at 8:15am. :D Just one of the many reasons why we will always book our Carnival cruises trough this PVP.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just got back last nite from Miami. We flew into Ft Lauderdale and went to Miami. We rented a town car from Ft Lauderdale. We did John's Car Servie. He was great Took us right to INtercontinental in Downtown Miami. He was awesome. I would use him again. He is a very nice guy. So much better than the idiots we had last year.

I think it depends on a couple things - how many in your group, convenience and time versus cost, how much you want to explore, etc. We did this (fly into FLL, sail from POM) for our Carnival Breeze cruise in December 2012 - see review linked in my signature for details.

On the way down, we opted for a rental car. Since there were four of us it priced out cheaper to get a rental car. This also allowed us the flexibility to explore a bit the day/night before.

On the return, we booked a car service to make it more convenient and fast. We pre-booked with SAS , which did NOT work out (they didn't show up) - we ended up going with another shuttle that had just dropped off there. I would seriously consider doing a rental car for our return as well next time.

Given, however, that the rate for the Carnival transfers is so affordable and competitive, if I book transfers next time I might just do it with Carnival to make things easy.