Bringing Wine for a single occupancy cabin

Maddle

Is wine brought on board limited to one bottle per passenger? or two per cabin?

In other words, can a single occupancy traveler (who is paying double fare) enjoy two bottles of wine without the corkage fee?

Maddle

Is wine brought on board limited to one bottle per passenger? or two per cabin?

In other words, can a single occupancy traveler (who is paying double fare) enjoy two bottles of wine without the corkage fee?

Maddle

One bottle per person. BTW, they have the policy printed on your luggage tag. :cool:

AcZtW+XGK9ZBAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

145086013_Alcoholpolicy.jpg.d7d5497aad1a0b2b220ff59e52a77370.jpg

I have a feeling if you carry on two, you will walk thru without being told to stop at the "wine checking table". Now if you showed up carrying 3 or 4, the scanners would suggest you stop at the "table". Things of course as stated here, can vary from port to port. Either way, you know the policy and corkage fees.

Edited by eandj

If it were me I'd give it a shot. The rule definitely says 1 bottle per passenger before you start paying the corkage. As stated above, you might not be questioned at all and if you are I'd give your "paying double" argument a shot. I personally think it has some validity. If it doesn't work all you're out is $15 and I definitely wouldn't let that upset me too much. :)

Have a Great Cruise and Cheers!!

My wife and I just got back from a cruise aboard the Royal. We each brought a bottle through security, which had to be recorded. We also stayed over in Fort Lauderdale the night before the cruise and went and bought 4 more bottles (5-7 $ each). We put them in our luggage and kept them in our room fridge. You can bring your own corkscrew or room service will come and open it for you, no charge. We would take a bottle with us anywhere on the ship and ask for two glasses from the server or bar. We also took our bottle to the dining room and they did not charge us any corkage fee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My wife and I just got back from a cruise aboard the Royal. We each brought a bottle through security, which had to be recorded. We also stayed over in Fort Lauderdale the night before the cruise and went and bought 4 more bottles (5-7 $ each). We put them in our luggage and kept them in our room fridge. You can bring your own corkscrew or room service will come and open it for you, no charge. We would take a bottle with us anywhere on the ship and ask for two glasses from the server or bar. We also took our bottle to the dining room and they did not charge us any corkage fee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Put them in your checked luggage?

I have a feeling if you carry on two, you will walk thru without being told to stop at the "wine checking table". Now if you showed up carrying 3 or 4, the scanners would suggest you stop at the "table". Things of course as stated here, can vary from port to port. Either way, you know the policy and corkage fees.

Here's our experience from a January 2014 sailing out of Port Everglades.

4 pax, two cabins means four bottles allowed. I was first through screening with one bottle in my carry-on. I was told to stop at the table. Next person in our party had a small carry-on with two bottles of wine while the last two had nothing. I had stood waiting for the others to collect their items, and then we walked over to a counter to fill out the health cards, without going to the table. We were followed and told: "you need to go over to the table with your carry-on luggage."

The four of us presented ourselves, they inspected, recorded in their book and we were on our way.

Similar experience this month. So it seems that once something is detected by the X-Ray scanner, your bags invisibly glow and can be detected by the infra-red eyes of the security workers/booze patrol who track those bags until cleared at the table.

We've all heard at airport screening a TSA agent yell: "I need a bag check!" Well at the port, none of that yelling, marking of bags or taking them out of your possession. They quietly tell you to go to the table, and then use telepathy between themselves --it seems-- to ensure you comply.

And for the record, we're all in our 50's and don't give the appearance for profiling that we're on the cruise to binge drink or excessively consume alcohol.

Okay... just for fun.... let's start a pool as to how many nay-say-ers are going to post and brag about how they circumvented the policy recently!

Last year, after the policy was instated and the new luggage tags printed the policy, we walked on with 5 bottles of wine between our 2 carry ons. We were fully prepared to pay the fee, have our bags searched, etc…, no one stopped or asked us anything. We did pay the corkage fee in the restaurant each night we took a bottle, no problem.

We'll do the same this year. Since we usually don't drink our wine in the cabin, we expect the corkage fee, I don't care if we pay it prior to boarding or at the dining room table.

We've checked out the wine lists for Princess and don't see much that we'd want. We enjoy great wine, we'll pay up to $40-50 per bottle that we take onboard. It's a vacation and time to spoil ourselves a bit. One of our favorites at home is only around $12 per bottle at Total Wine, so we may pick up a couple of those. It is one that isn't on the Princess wine list, so I can't compare.

We figure, according to the Princess wine list, that we save approximately $7 - 10 per bottle bringing our own, but we don't bring it for the savings, we like our choices better.

No smuggling involved. Works well for us.

To edit because I didn't answer the question, although others did. You are allowed one "free" bottle of wine per person, all others have a $15 corkage fee.

Edited by Happy ks

We just got off the "Emerald" We brought 2 bottles of wine, a bottle of vodka and a bottle of whiskey. All were in our carry-on. The carry-on was a tote bag, not a suitcase of the "carry-on" size. The top was open and there was just a carry strap on each side It went through the security x-ray scanner and then no one looked, no one asked, no one cared....we just carried it on.

We just got off the "Emerald" We brought 2 bottles of wine, a bottle of vodka and a bottle of whiskey. All were in our carry-on. The carry-on was a tote bag, not a suitcase of the "carry-on" size. The top was open and there was just a carry strap on each side It went through the security x-ray scanner and then no one looked, no one asked, no one cared....we just carried it on.

Wow, you were lucky! If they had caught it, they would have destroyed the vodka and whiskey... If not the wine...

We just got off Ruby. 4 50-60 something females. When we boarded last Thursday, we each had 1 bottle of wine. After x-ray, I was directed to the registration table. My friend behind me was not. The last 2 just followed me over to the table. Instead of recording each pax with one bottle of wine, they recorded my name & cabin number with 4. One of them wanted to write them all up separately, but his colleague told him to just put them all on my name.