Waffles in MDR

jimfg3

The Ruby has a waffle bar on deck in

the area where Pizza is served in the afternoon.

Waffles straight from the waffle maker along

With two choices of fruit topping and cream.

Such a relaxing way to start the day with no

Crowds.

Interesting question and despite having literally spending years on over 65 different cruise ships we had never thought about it (waffles in the MDR). But after reading the question it occurred to me that many cruise lines do not offer waffles in their MDR, but nearly all have them in their Lido buffets. I love waffles, but want them right out of the waffle iron when they are hot and not like rubber. In the MDR that probably is not going to happen (even if they had it on the menu). Even in the buffets they will sometimes "stockpile" finished waffles on a heat table....which we refuse. When we want a waffle we ask for them right out of the waffle iron (yummy).

Hank

The Ruby has a waffle bar on deck in

the area where Pizza is served in the afternoon.

Waffles straight from the waffle maker along

With two choices of fruit topping and cream.

Such a relaxing way to start the day with no

Crowds.

Whew! Thanks for this information, I hope its the same on Emerald!

Interesting question and despite having literally spending years on over 65 different cruise ships we had never thought about it (waffles in the MDR). But after reading the question it occurred to me that many cruise lines do not offer waffles in their MDR, but nearly all have them in their Lido buffets. I love waffles, but want them right out of the waffle iron when they are hot and not like rubber. In the MDR that probably is not going to happen (even if they had it on the menu). Even in the buffets they will sometimes "stockpile" finished waffles on a heat table....which we refuse. When we want a waffle we ask for them right out of the waffle iron (yummy).

Hank

When I was on the Royal Princess in the summer the waffles were being grabbed faster than they could make them, so you were always getting fresh waffles :) I also saw someone ask for a fresh waffle, and the staff just gave them the waffle that was being cooked as soon as it finished. This was at horizon court though, not in the MDR.