Neptune Lounges - Sideboards- All Ships

sail7seas

We asked someone on the Oosterdam why we got an invite to the VIP party. Answer was "Likely because you are spending too much money" :)

That makes me feel like we are being insulted.

We book many PS cabins when they are available -- otherwise we book SA's. Not exactly cheap. And the majority of our PS's are on 21 day cruises.

We also spend a lot on specialty restaurants and don't buy cheap bottles of wine when we dine there. In fact -- on our last cruise we never went to the dining room -- rotated between the Pinnacle and the Tamarind, Le Cirque and Chef Rudi's dinner. If the Nieuw Amsterdam had had the Cellar Master's dinner -- we would have gone to that. Neither the Cellar Master's dinner or the Chef Rudi's dinner are discounted no matter how any Star's you have.

That makes me feel like we are being insulted.

We book many PS cabins when they are available -- otherwise we book SA's. Not exactly cheap. And the majority of our PS's are on 21 day cruises.

We also spend a lot on specialty restaurants and don't buy cheap bottles of wine when we dine there. In fact -- on our last cruise we never went to the dining room -- rotated between the Pinnacle and the Tamarind, Le Cirque and Chef Rudi's dinner. If the Nieuw Amsterdam had had the Cellar Master's dinner -- we would have gone to that. Neither the Cellar Master's dinner or the Chef Rudi's dinner are discounted no matter how any Star's you have.

We got married onboard on sailing day and were in a NS. The remark was from a friend that works on the ship and was a joke- I'm sure the wedding and the suite together were a big part of the invite. Plus there were other factors associated with the wedding. I also work in the headquarters for the second largest travel company in the world- I'm sure that didn't hurt either.

However, we did spend too much money- we got 7 Mariner nights from our Shipboard account :)

Edited by frankc98376

We do go to the Suite cocktail party. But there have been some changes in that as well. On our recent Nieuw Amsterdam Collectors Cruise we were not invited to the second segment one. On previous Collector Cruises we were always invited to both. I don't have a problem with that. New rules.

But we are not always invited to the VIP parties. Some people claim that ALL high day people are always invited -- not so. We had almost the highest number of days on a few cruises -- stayed in an SA -- and were not invited to the VIP parties. Guess we don't "Hang" out with the right people.

too bad KK - can't comment on the N.A. as when we were on they didn't even do a suite luncheon on a 20 day cruise.

On our Prinsendam cruise, they did the suite cocktail parties for both segments, the suite luncheons for both segments and a vip party for both segments. all nicely done

We asked someone on the Oosterdam why we got an invite to the VIP party. Answer was "Likely because you are spending too much money" :)

I'm fairly certain that plays into it. I was cursing with some friends that had only a few days on Hal and they were invited to the VIP party. They had also dropped a bit of money in marabela (sp). As a 4 star I was not invited.

I'm fairly certain that plays into it. I was cursing with some friends that had only a few days on Hal and they were invited to the VIP party. They had also dropped a bit of money in marabela (sp). As a 4 star I was not invited.

There is no rhyme or reason or absolute about the guest list for the cocktail party. When we try to who, how and why, it neglects to consider all the variables. Sometimes it's a very small gathering and other times might be 200 people. Sometimes in Crows Nest and sometimes elsewhere. But they are always fun! :)

There is no rhyme or reason or absolute about the guest list for the cocktail party. When we try to who, how and why, it neglects to consider all the variables. Sometimes it's a very small gathering and other times might be 200 people. Sometimes in Crows Nest and sometimes elsewhere. But they are always fun! :)

The party was not small I was told. To ignore folks that are spending money on the ship would be silly IMO. You most certainly don't need to agree with me but I'm willing to bet that plays a big role. I think that scenario is way more likely to happen then someone being invited that spends nothing on board and removes all the hsc.