Changing cabins after booking - best to book with RCI directly?

I am currently booked on a Radiance cruise and booked through a TA. After my D2 cabin allocation, and closer to the cruise I noticed bettter D2 cabins (afts!) became available.

Of course I immediately contacted the TA to request a cabin change, however she has been reluctant/slow to action my requests.

My question is - if I had booked through RCI directly, would they have allowed a cabin change on my request?

(I am in Australia if that matters too)

Thanks in advance

Not sure about Australia, but in the US I do find it easier to book directly with RCCL because you can do everything yourself and not rely on someone else.

Agree..and it's usually done while you're on the phone with them and an e-mail is sent immediately confirming any change you've made....This is one of the many reason I only deal directly with RCI with no middleman involved ;)

Not sure about Australia, but in the US I do find it easier to book directly with RCCL because you can do everything yourself and not rely on someone else.

The OP's question is with regards to changes and YES, when I want to change a cabin or upsell or whatever, I reach someone anytime day or night and they make the change immediately with me on the phone.

Should I book thru a TA and need a change or see a price drop on a Sunday, lets say, I'm out of luck.

Typically I will only use a TA when I'm booking very close to sailing date and can get a few extra perks.

I suggest you change travel agents. I've changed cabins many, many times, sometimes more than once on the same cruise. I e-mail my online travel agent and it's done. If you want to miss out on a bunch of perks, book right through the cruiseline. If you are insecure and can't make a decision, book through the cruiseline. If you need the opportunity to talk to someone 24 hours a day, (I've never had to in 31 cruises), book through the cruiseline.

Personally, I take the money and perks and laugh all the way to the bank.

I suggest you change travel agents. I've changed cabins many, many times, sometimes more than once on the same cruise. I e-mail my online travel agent and it's done. If you want to miss out on a bunch of perks, book right through the cruiseline. If you are insecure and can't make a decision, book through the cruiseline. If you need the opportunity to talk to someone 24 hours a day, (I've never had to in 31 cruises), book through the cruiseline.

Personally, I take the money and perks and laugh all the way to the bank.

Well, unfortunately here in Australia we only have access to the cruise line direct during normal working hours - 9 to 5 during Mon to Fri. :eek: Even then we are often patched through to an office in South America which means language differences!

Still, my last bookings I've made directly through the cruise line as our TA's here offer little to no perks to sweeten the deal and as mentioned by a previous Australian poster, they are often very reluctant to make changes to our bookings and usually charge an additional fee to do so!

Consider yourselves lucky that because of your large population, you have much better competition and therefore they are all competing for your cruise dollar!