Drink Package

cdemot02

I could not find a search so Please don't yell as I'm sure this has been asked a million times. What is everyone's opinion on the beer and wine drink packages? We are on the Oct 5th Liberty of Seas. The cons I've heard is if you are with group everyone has to go get their own drink (this was on a different cruise line). If you are at the pool, and want to order a bucket of beers you can not do this either.

Any experienced thoughts?

Thanks...our first cruise, and just want to make sure we do it right and memorable!

I could not find a search so Please don't yell as I'm sure this has been asked a million times. What is everyone's opinion on the beer and wine drink packages? We are on the Oct 5th Liberty of Seas. The cons I've heard is if you are with group everyone has to go get their own drink (this was on a different cruise line). If you are at the pool, and want to order a bucket of beers you can not do this either.

Thanks...our first cruise, and just want to make sure we do it right and memorable!

That's correct. 1 drink at a time. On the Freedom you were not allowed to get a bucket if you had the drink package.

I've had the drink package on every cruise so far since its been released. Only once did the pool attendant bring me a bucket of two beers. I did not request this, as he just brought it.

The rule is 1 drink at a time.

For my upcoming cruise next week I did buy the basic beer + wine package only. To my understanding it's Beer up to $6 and house wine up to $8.

My husband and I did the $55 package last year. We believe the package was a cost savings compared to paying for each drink + tip separately. We think the $45 package will do just fine this year.

There is no 45.00 package. The Select (beer & wine) is 40.00. The Premium alcohol is 55.00 and the Ultimate is 65.00. For the 15.00 difference between the Select and the Premium, you get a better choice of wine because of the increase from 8 to 12 and any mixed drink up to 10.00. But, if all you enjoy are basic beers and wine, then go for the Select and enjoy.

we had it on our feb 10th cruising, loved it. Beer cart came by fairly often on the upper deck. When we were in the solarium, I didn't see a lot of waiters, but the wait at the bar was very minor. I was able to take my wife's card with me and get two drinks every time without question.

I don't think I would cruise again with out getting the package, we loved it.

Dan

we had it on our feb 10th cruising, loved it. Beer cart came by fairly often on the upper deck. When we were in the solarium, I didn't see a lot of waiters, but the wait at the bar was very minor. I was able to take my wife's card with me and get two drinks every time without question.

I don't think I would cruise again with out getting the package, we loved it.

Dan

Do the waiters take your cardto run or just look at it when you are at the pool?