Cozumel and DST

bobsfamily

We are on the Constellation cruise that leave 3/8 and that night/morning at 2am we switch to DST and "spring" forward an hour. Cozumel does not "spring" forward until 4/6 so that we will be 2 hours ahead of them if we stay on Ft. Lauderdale time. Specifically does the ship match local time while in Cozumel? We are in port from 7am til 5pm local time and that would be a lot better than 5am to 3pm... wait is it 9am til 7pm? I am so confused!

Thanks in advance, and I sure hope the search "button" get fixed also...

OH and does the Connie dock at the International or downtown?

Edited by bobsfamily

We are on the Constellation cruise that leave 3/8 and that night/morning at 2am we switch to DST and "spring" forward an hour. Cozumel does not "spring" forward until 4/6 so that we will be 2 hours ahead of them if we stay on Ft. Lauderdale time. Specifically does the ship match local time while in Cozumel? We are in port from 7am til 5pm local time and that would be a lot better than 5am to 3pm... wait is it 9am til 7pm? I am so confused!

Thanks in advance, and I sure hope the search "button" get fixed also...

OH and does the Connie dock at the International or downtown?

On our Constellation cruise in February we stayed on Fort Lauderdale time and docked at the International pier. Sorry can't help regarding DST.

Sent from my ME302KL using Forums mobile app

According to the "Celebrity Today" daily from the Constellation's visit to Cozumel just this past January 22nd , the "local time ashore in Cozumel will be one hour behind ship's time. Please do not adjust your timepieces as Celebrity Constellation will remain on Ship's time". It also showed time of arrival as 8:00 am and departure as 6:00 pm for that day (which would correspond to the 7:00 am arrival and 5:00 pm departure local time).

I seriously hate DST and it's a twice yearly anxiety attack for me. I drive myself crazy with it, and always seem to be cruising right around either the start or end of DST. There is absolutely no point to it whatsoever anymore, and several states don't even observe it!

According to the "Celebrity Today" daily from the Constellation's visit to Cozumel just this past January 22nd , the "local time ashore in Cozumel will be one hour behind ship's time. Please do not adjust your timepieces as Celebrity Constellation will remain on Ship's time". It also showed time of arrival as 8:00 am and departure as 6:00 pm for that day (which would correspond to the 7:00 am arrival and 5:00 pm departure local time).

We just got off the Constellation Sat. We stayed on ship's time in Cozumel.

Linda

I'm hoping that what happens is that the "Celebrity Today" for March 11th shows us in port from 9am til 7pm ships time. That would be a nice leisurely day! You could have a Mimosa at 9-10am without realizing people were just getting up...

I really thought DST was the next week and never considered that Mexico waited til almost another month before going on DST.

A little less confused and yes since it's vacation I am not going to sweat it! Thanks...

Edited by bobsfamily

I can confirm my Jan 20 2014 Connie sailing we stayed on Ship's time.

As others have said, it's discretionary, up to the Captain. Wonder if Connie had a Captain swap since Holly2 cruised.

I was on Connie Feb 28 2013, and we DID change to local time on that one in Cozumel.

The biggest issue is working out the times with local tour operators when you book independently. Last year I finally told them to just watch for the ship docking and we would be off as early as we could.

Too bad the search function is disabled or we could search to see what happened last year. This will effect all cruises to Cozumel for a month.

I was once on a Celebrity cruise where they had to change the time (last full day of the cruise) or they would have had a problem on debarkation day. I got the Daily the night before and noticed that there was not a word about the time change. I went to the front desk, they took a look, went in the back for ten minutes, and finally came out and said: you are right, we missed it. They ended up sliding a piece of paper under cabin doors, but somehow missed ours and our friends. So it isn't true that it will always be announced.

I can't recall ever being on a cruise where the port time and the ship time is two hours different.

Edited by JFontaine

I'm hoping that what happens is that the "Celebrity Today" for March 11th shows us in port from 9am til 7pm ships time. That would be a nice leisurely day! You could have a Mimosa at 9-10am without realizing people were just getting up...

I really thought DST was the next week and never considered that Mexico waited til almost another month before going on DST.

A little less confused and yes since it's vacation I am not going to sweat it! Thanks...

It wouldn't make a lick of difference to me if it weren't for the fact that we are meeting someone taking the ferry over from Cancun while we are in port! And I am not too sure how easy it would be to contact him since he has to leave Cancun pretty early to meet us. But if it is 2 hours difference.... I don't know if it would be worth it or not for him to come and only get a couple of hours with us.:( (this is my DD's boyfriend) It is a 1 1/2 to 2 hour trip to get to Cozumel by bus and ferry...