Deposits

Marseydotes

The following is copied from the Oceania website:

Deposit & Payment Policy

Bookings require a per person deposit of 20% of the applicable fare for Owner’s, Vista, and Oceania Suites and $750 for all other suite/stateroom categories; for Grand Voyages the per person deposit is $1,500. Bookings must deposit within 7 days of booking for bookings made more than 120 days of sailing, within 3 days of booking for bookings made between 91 and 120 days from sailing, and by the end of the booking day for bookings within 90 days of sailing.

Unless otherwise noted, final payment must be received by Oceania Cruises 90 days prior to cruise departure for voyages less than 15 days and 150 days prior for voyages 15 days or longer. Oceania Cruises reserves the right to cancel any booking not fully paid or deposited per the schedule or those without passport details.

Albeit minor, but there are a couple of small advantages to smaller deposits. As I have read here some purchasers from outside the USA do not have the benefit of refundable deposits so risk less. Also everyone who does not have a US$ account to pay with and get possible refund has the potential to lose 5% or more on the buy/sell spread regardless of exchange rate if they need to cancel.

I agree that for the majority, USA pax it makes little difference other then a marketing tool. Pay now, pay later, pay often, pay happily.

Also everyone who does not have a US$ account to pay with and get possible refund has the potential to lose 5% or more on the buy/sell spread regardless of exchange rate if they need to cancel.

Good point

That is why we got the USD account here so I can stockpile USD when the rates are good

Now I just need some good rates to come up :D

Lyn