Smuggling on board

blake1138

With all the uncertainty lately about lobster night and not being able to find a clear answer, I thought I may try shoving a few into my carry on. Anyone know how long a live lobster will last in a suitcase? If they do die in transit, how long until they spoil? If they do have some sort of fee for this I will be happy to pay it. If not I'm just going to wrap them in my boxers along with some ice and pray they make it. The only other thing I am unsure of is how to cook them. Will they let me bring them into the dining room (will be on the epic) and throw them into some hot water for me? My cruise will just not be a cruise without lobster.

Also.. anyone ever managed to get a fishing pole on board? We were lucky enough with the price drops to upgrade to a balcony for the first time! I sure hate to waste all that great fishing time. If I do manage to catch something the above question about the dining room would come into play here as well. Thanks for reading and any reply's :)

With all the uncertainty lately about lobster night and not being able to find a clear answer, I thought I may try shoving a few into my carry on. Anyone know how long a live lobster will last in a suitcase? If they do die in transit, how long until they spoil? If they do have some sort of fee for this I will be happy to pay it. If not I'm just going to wrap them in my boxers along with some ice and pray they make it. The only other thing I am unsure of is how to cook them. Will they let me bring them into the dining room (will be on the epic) and throw them into some hot water for me? My cruise will just not be a cruise without lobster.

Also.. anyone ever managed to get a fishing pole on board? We were lucky enough with the price drops to upgrade to a balcony for the first time! I sure hate to waste all that great fishing time. If I do manage to catch something the above question about the dining room would come into play here as well. Thanks for reading and any reply's :)

Not sure about lobster but crabs live in boxers for a long time.

make sure you get an aft balcony for fishing. Trolling, especially in Alaska, is awesome.

This is an excellent idea. Thank you. I am going to call NCL and pester them for an hour or as long as it takes for them to upgrade me to a deluxe aft fishin suite

This is an excellent idea. Thank you. I am going to call NCL and pester them for an hour or as long as it takes for them to upgrade me to a deluxe aft fishin suite

Don't forget to come back and complain profusely if they don't give in to your demands. It's important to tell us how rude they are at NCL to not allow you to fish off the back of the ship. Good luck

Edited by sdmike

I think it also comes with gear and bait. Not sure, but we were on deck 5 aft when someone in the suite above us hooked this. I think they were up on deck 9. Made a hell of a commotion on our balcony when they were trying to haul him in. The good news is that we were able to use the sword in Moderno later that night. Mmmmmm...fried pineapple and Marlin

p_0711_Marlin.jpg

:p

Edited by sdmike

I think it also comes with gear and bait. Not sure, but we were on deck 5 aft when someone in the suite above us hooked this. I think they were up on deck 9. Made a hell of a commotion on our balcony when they were trying to haul him in. The good news is that we were able to use the sword in Moderno later that night. Mmmmmm...fried pineapple and Marlin

p_0711_Marlin.jpg

:p

I called and she said that they do not have a fishin suite nor provided the gear. I'm just going to take some heavy pound string and then dissasemble one of the balcony chairs to fashion a pole out of. I'll probably go down to the buffet and just fill my pockets with whatever I think fish may bite. Wonder if sharks like Indian food? I think they'll eat anything

I called and she said that they do not have a fishin suite nor provided the gear. I'm just going to take some heavy pound string and then dissasemble one of the balcony chairs to fashion a pole out of. I'll probably go down to the buffet and just fill my pockets with whatever I think fish may bite. Wonder if sharks like Indian food? I think they'll eat anything

Sometimes you just have to go all McGyver.

Edited by Happy HALer

I have trawled;) the NCL website and cannot find a 'clawage' fee for BYO lobster. I cannot believe that they have missed that trick...:rolleyes:

I understand that you're more likely to attract yellowfin tuna with the yellow curry. Tarpon are partial to pretzel rolls

THE best smuggling thread E-V-E-R!!!:D:p:eek:

You can always take them lobstas in the steam room with you or how about a hot tub? Butter is available at the buffet. Yum yum...

Do they have robes small enough for the lobsters? I don't want them to turn red with embarrassment.

I don't know...I've heard they're getting lobster-sniffing dogs and special color-coded lobster X-ray machines at the ports. And if you get caught, you'll have to retrieve your luggage from the lobster naughty room, a.k.a. The Lobster Trap. :D

Isn't there some USDA or CBP regs about prohibiting bringing food items onto the ship (and, whether it applies to lobsters, dead or alive :D :confused: )

If not, just pack them - as carryon - in a cooler with dry ice like them up in Maine or in New England?

Head for Teppanyaki and ask the chef to cut it up & cook it for you - it's "Show Time" or drop by the Sushi Bar, try it Sashimi style, bring some of your favorite hot sauce, ginger & scallion, or pepper & salt dipping. ;)

Tipping for extra services would be a good idea, IMO. :p

Edited by mking8288

Isn't there some USDA or CBP regs about prohibiting bringing food items onto the ship (and, whether it applies to lobsters, dead or alive )

If not, just pack them - as carryon - in a cooler with dry ice like them up in Maine or in New England?

Head for Teppanyaki and ask the chef to cut it up & cook it for you - it's "Show Time" or drop by the Sushi Bar, try it Sashimi style, bring some of your favorite hot sauce, ginger & scallion, or pepper & salt dipping.

Tipping for extra services would be a good idea, IMO. :p

Care is required if you bring the lobster on deck. The Spong bob characters may confuse him for Larry the Lobster. The lifeguard lobster, and may become concerned for his safety, especially around the hot-tubs.....:)

Oie_transparent.png

9k=

To quote that great philosopher Alvy Singer:

"Annie, there's a big lobster behind the refrigerator. I can't get it out. This thing's heavy. Maybe if I put a little dish of butter sauce here with a nutcracker, it will run out the other side.":eek:

LOVE Annie Hall!:D:p