Open Booking Deposit Question

On our last cruise in November, I paid $200 for an open booking for the two of us. If I use it now to book a standard cabin for a cruise in November, do I owe anymore deposit now, or not until final payment is due? The paperwork they gave us seems a little ambiguous. Thanks for any help.

On our last cruise in November, I paid $200 for an open booking for the two of us. If I use it now to book a standard cabin for a cruise in November, do I owe anymore deposit now, or not until final payment is due? The paperwork they gave us seems a little ambiguous. Thanks for any help.

You would not owe any more money until final payment.

Edited by clarea

No further payment is due unless you book a GS or above and then regular deposit is required less the $200 that you paid.

I think it depend on the certificate they are selling at the time. As we have booked GS and had to pay the full deposit and gotten onboard credit. As well as been able to book GS and only had to pay $100 pp deposit with no further payment due until final payment. :)On our next cruise we have 2 suites booked and still only had to pay $100 pp deposit.

I think it depend on the certificate they are selling at the time. As we have booked GS and had to pay the full deposit and gotten onboard credit. As well as been able to book GS and only had to pay $100 pp deposit with no further payment due until final payment. :)On our next cruise we have 2 suites booked and still only had to pay $100 pp deposit.

Creating a open booking (aka NextCruise) you only are required to put down a $100pp deposit. When you convert that NC to a specific cruise your deposit will remain the same unless you book a GS or above which will result in a full deposit that is doubled.

If you have a specific GS booked on an upcoming cruise, I would definitely check on the deposit requirements. People have been know to have Full Suite cabins canceled due to insufficient deposits.

Edited by cruisenfever

Helpful tip. Next time you get a Next Cruise Certificate, only put one name on it and you will only have to give them $100 per certificate. Then when you make ressie, pay the additional $100 per person that is added to the booking.

Learned that one the hard way when we booked our first NCC.