Royal cabin help

moosenaroundtheship

• 1 year later...
Has anyone experienced the smoke on E409 balcony? Anyone have pictures of the balcony?

A smoking area is located all the way aft of the ship on Deck 7-exit the exterior doors by the Vista Lounge on the Starboard side only. There is no smoking permitted on the Port side at all. Crooners is mid-ship/port side and no smoking is permitted on the deck outside, as well as the sitting area outside of Facets on Starboard.

We have booked E409 on an upcoming cruise based in part on this post from New York Nana. Several other posts indicated the smoking area was not underneath this cabin - only on the starboard aft portion of the Promenade deck.

Smoking is not allowed on either side of the mid ship promenade. The promenade area for smoking is at the aft promenade

You will not experience any smoke below mid ship. This is from personal experience.

I was all the way forward in the past month on Aloha deck on the Royal for a transatlantic and a British Isles cruise. We always have midship but this time I didn't feel motion was any worse than my midship cabins. Sometimes there was some noise from wave noise hitting the hull, but it didn't bother us. In fact we were happy to be away from the crowds passing by our mid ship cabin as it was much quieter up front.