Is it true?

paulista1950

From a member's review:

"As I explored the ship I was amazed to find areas for the exclusive use of World Cruisers"

If so, how do they control it? I found it very strange :confused:

QE had a very small area about six tables in The Garden Lounge Port side just prior to the exit to The Pavilion Pool where tea/coffee and light bites was available.

I only ever saw a very few people using it. Also the Commodore Club was closed just prior to Lunch on one occasion for the officers party for about an hour or so, The Yacht club on that day was being used for something else. The other for the World cruise cake cutting in the Afternoon on departure day. It was not controlled but I am sure the people using it would know that you were not on the world cruise. However I am sure that occurrence would not occur on a Cunard Ship. :D

Edited by Pennbank

From a member's review:

"As I explored the ship I was amazed to find areas for the exclusive use of World Cruisers"

On QM2 the Atlantic Room on deck 11 bow is for exclusive use of the WCs. It is hosted during some hours.

This might only annoy the Bridge gamers as the have to use connexions instead. I don't know which is the alternative meeting room for the 'friends of' whatever.

WC passengers have an identification, so access control could be enforced.

" Also the Commodore Club was closed just prior to Lunch on one occasion for the officers party for about an hour or so, The Yacht club on that day was being used for something else. The other for the World cruise cake cutting in the Afternoon on departure day. "

Those kind of things wouldn't bother me, but

"areas for the exclusive use of World Cruisers"

would! :mad:

... Those kind of things wouldn't bother me, but "areas for the exclusive use of World Cruisers" would!
Hi paulista1950, serious question (ie, not trying to be confrontational), most politely, Why?

(I've seen areas/rooms on ships that were being used for private functions/by invitation only, or for groups of certain passengers. I myself have been part of a few (and will be so in the future no doubt). Wine tastings, cocktail parties etc. Two of my friends have booked (at huge expense) a full round-the-world cruise in a great suite. They are keen to know what exclusive treatment or recognition they are going to receive, they don't wish to "lord-it-over" other passengers in any way, but expect to be tiny part of a small exclusive set on board as they will be spending three and a-half months Southampton-Southampton. I can see nothing wrong with them having a small lounge (or part of one) for their exclusive use. If I booked a full world cruise at enormous expense, I think I'd feel the same way as they do).

So, quite seriously, I am keen to understand your point of view and hear your opinion, thank you :) . Maybe you've thought of several things which have escaped me thus far.

Thank you :)

Edited by pepperrn

From a member's review:

I think they have paid of lot of money for their WC and deserve some exclusivity.

"not trying to be confrontational), most politely"

Never mind, I took it politely

"I've seen areas/rooms on ships that were being used for private functions/by invitation only, or for groups of certain passengers. I myself have been part of a few (and will be so in the future no doubt). Wine tastings, cocktail parties"

Me too! Sometimes I had an interior cabin, sometimes a balcony and ONCE I had a butler!

May be I got it wrong, but my problem is with some areas (besides the Grills ones) being off-limits 3 months (more or less)

When I book a cruise I know in advance that that I'll have (or not! :mad:) some perks, but usually it doesn't depended if it's part of a world cruise or not.

The last segment of a wc I did they had an area roped off, but most of the area af the garden court was open. There was one or two things, cocktail partiy type of thing that they had the queens room for a bit, but really did not really impact other people.

I think they have paid of lot of money for their WC and deserve some exclusivity.

They will get their "exclusivity" from their grade of accommodation - as per usual. They will also get some "benefits" as described above - some short term access to certain areas, and some certain functions.

Barry

Edited by bazzaw

Hello

Just returned from a 28 day segment of the Queen Victoria world cruise....during the day, the Chart Room was roped off for full world cruise passengers. Hardly a big deal as there are so many other places to go on the ship so please do not fret....after 5PM, the room was opened for all....of course, on the Queen Elizabeth there is no Chart Room...so don't know how that would be handled....

Deck Chair.

Last spring on the Queen Elizabeth, our tablemates, introduced us to the terms "Seggies" and "Worldies," which we had not heard before.

We "Seggies" were just on-board for a segment of the world cruise. "Worldies," on the other hand, were on for the whole kit and caboodle.

So, there is nomenclature to describe this phenomenon as well as the parties to which a Seggie will never be invited… Who knew? We sure didn't.

Personally, I am very happy to have been a two-time Cunard Seggie or Seggy (with all the privileges, rights, and responsibilities that go with this title ; )

And, although not a Worldie myself, I have had numerous friendly encounters with very pleasant Worldies, who knew and understood my position as a Seggie and seemed to enjoy equally our exchanges.

Yes, people who pay more and sail longer have some perks. That doesn't make Worldies condescending or unfriendly or snobbish. That doesn't make people not included in Worldies' get-together jealous or resentful.

I think the original question of this thread was more about curiosity than anything else. You see a group of people on the other side of a roped-off section and you wonder "what is going on here?" That was my thought, when I first observed a group of Worldies, clustered together...

This is JUST my opinion from my experiences. I respect that fact that everyone doesn't share my opinions. Still, I wish you all "happy sailing."

On QE, the portion of the Garden Lounge for those doing the whole world voyage is very small and it is only reserved until 4 or 4:30 in the afternoon. If you are not in the Grills, there is much more of the ship than this where you are not allowed.

Other than being invited to a few cocktail parties and meeting people, there is no way to know exactly how far people are going.

People doing the full world this year could have embarked in Hamburg (a number of Germans are doing the full voyage), Southampton, NYC, Fort Lauderdale or San Francisco. Unless you can read a persons key card, those doing segments are not different.

.image.jpg.217cb971b8acc4d9e14ea7cc9e93c868.jpg

The section of the Garden Lounge for those doing the full world.

Edited by Scrapnana