Cabin service fee?

wowpeople

Will be first O cruise. Have only been on regent and seabourne for past 5 years.

Is there a fee for room service in concierge level cabin? We always tip but wondering if they add fee or gratuity when delivering to cabin. Also, how are wait times?

Your tips should be included on your invoice. There is a stipulated amount per day added to the cruise cost depending on whether you have a butler or not. (Which in a Concierge level you might?) Anyway I don't think the room service delivery person (if this is not your butler) expects a tip. And there isn't a fee. Only thing is that as I understand it hot breakfasts are restricted to Penthouse suites and above. You might want to check this out.

We did (in spite of tips being added) give a tip to our stewardess and to our butler. But that was that.

There is no extra fee for room service

Gratuities will be added to your ship board account unless it is included on your cruise that had a special offer or your TA includes it

I think the current rate is $15 p/d pp

That said some people do give the room service staff a tip when service is rendered

Your choice

Lyn

P.S. no butler in Concierge Cabins

No service fee for room service, whatsoever.

Tipping is a personal matter, nobody "expects" anything, so do what makes you feel comfortable.

Hot breakfast is now Concierge Level and up :D

Wait times depend on what is ordered and time of day, but are generally about twenty minutes to a half an hour. The Server will call the cabin to confirm that your food is on it's way as your order is dispatched from the kitchen.

Edited by JimandStan

I rarely use room service, but when I do, such as for an early breakfast, I keep a couple of dollars or a couple of Euros handy -- unless I have a butler.

In a non-butler cabin, the room service folks are usually off-duty waiters who volunteer partly in the expectation of a bit of extra income. Tipping is not needed, but it makes me feel good and rewards enterprise.

Butlers are different. Room service is part of their job description, they already receive a decent amount in the gratuities. Extra tipping, if any, is done at the end of the cruise.

Only wondering if they charge for food . Is it possible to order items not listed on room service menu? That is what 'service' is really about on cruise....not talking about a 3 course meal... Just maybe a different type of sandwich or snack not listed.....

We have only occasionally ordered from room service. There was no fee but also we never tried asking for something not on the menu. I suspect that isn't possible -- unless, if you have a butler, he might be able to swing something.

However, while the room service menu isn't terribly extensive it does cover all the bases. There are sandwiches, salads, main courses, appetizers ... it's hard to believe you couldn't find SOMETHING that would satisfy you.

When I say "not terribly extensive", I mean that it cannot compare to what you would find in one of the restaurants. But for us, it seems to be more extensive than Waves.

Hope this helps.

Mura

That "no hot breakfast below Penthouse level" thing has been argued on here ad infinitum. We had hot breakfast in Concierge last November and I thought someone else also confirmed that you can get hot breakfast in concierge and above.

Only wondering if they charge for food . Is it possible to order items not listed on room service menu? That is what 'service' is really about on cruise....not talking about a 3 course meal... Just maybe a different type of sandwich or snack not listed.....

As I say, there is no charge, but you'll pretty much be limited to the Room Service Menu, unless you're in one of the big Suites (above Penthouse level) where the Room Service Menu is different and much more extensive, anyway.