Hamburg

In my opinion, the cruise terminal area is not the best place to stay if you want to visit this very interesting city. The only hotel in this area is "The 25 hours hotel hafen city" (never stayed here myself, but very good reputation), but the area is really unpleasant for pedestrians ( industrial and busy) and far from the mains attractions, except the miniature world. Personally each time I stay in Hambourg, I book an hotel close to the main railway station, because it's at a walking distance of any center of (my!) interest : Alster lake (wonderful walks, flowers-park and nice boat trips), canals, old town, museum of arts (beautiful paintings) museum of arts and crafts (fantastic, even with children) theaters, hoho bus departure, shopping area.... Even the harbour, is at a walking distance (25mn) if you walk well. My two favorites hotels are the Europaïscher hof ( 4 stars, spa, fantastic breakfast included in the room´s price, free publics transports card, but......... Basic service and many smokers!), and the Atlantic Kempinski (5 stars, classy, old fashioned but renovated, lake view, gorgeous spa but more expensive). If you stay in the city center, a taxi will drive you to the cruise terminal in ten minutes, for about 10 euros. Oups! I forgot there were two cruise terminals in hamburg, my informations are just available for the city center terminal not for Altona terminal (but I always embarked at city center terminal).

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Forums