MSC Divina Yacht club vs. Suite on Carnival Sunshine

FLAMOM24

Hi all...trying to plan a 29 with 31 yrs experience b'day cruise for myself and a couple of gfs. I've cruised Carnival several times but have never been on MSC. Trying to decide the best option for this big celebration. Anyone cruise Carnival (suite experience) and MSC (yacht club)? Do they compare? Not as concerned with the ports of call, although the Carnival cruise goes to 3 places I've never been to.....

Any thought would be appreciated :)

Michelle

carnival suite offered a larger room with a good size bathroom, no extra service, YC offers a butler and all the drinks and snacks you would ever want. plus you have access to YC only areas.

That's the thing that's really appealing..all the pampering for an entire week! It's only a $200 difference between the 2 cruises I'm looking at. Carnival goes to 3 islands I've never been to and MSC only 1 but the thought of being totally pampered for a week is hard to resist. Do you know if they also have free wifi in the YC?

That's the thing that's really appealing..all the pampering for an entire week! It's only a $200 difference between the 2 cruises I'm looking at. Carnival goes to 3 islands I've never been to and MSC only 1 but the thought of being totally pampered for a week is hard to resist. Do you know if they also have free wifi in the YC?

No, wifi is not free in YC but they also don't charge by the minute, they charge actual time. For example, if you use 5 minutes and 2 seconds, Carnival will charge for 6, MSC for actual time. The charges are on this board somewhere (use google to search MSC Internet charges since this site's search is not working).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Other than the high end luxury lines, the only other cruise line that has anything compareable to the yacht club is NCL's haven. I understand celebrity has some similar perks in its suites/aqua class. But not the exactly the same concept.

All ships have suites but on some that doesn't mean much except a bigger room and some perks. CCL is not a line that suites give you much except a bigger room.

It is much bigger than I thought . The pictures do not do it justice because of they way it winds around. Your own pool area, hot tub, lots and lots of lounge chairs that are much better than on other parts of the ship.

There is also a full bar there....free of course and a buffet with fabulous goodies.

Your mini bar in your room is replenished twice a day.

Also something to consider...

The price between a YC 1 and YC 2 are very close. Although no balcony on the YC2, the square footage is enormous. 2 full rooms,2 TVs, 2 safes, 2 sinks in the bathroom, walkin closet big enough to use as a dressing room,etc......made up for no balcony.

In fact I was so impressed, I booked another cruise for next March.

A YC3 ! 2 rooms ...a little less square footage than a YC2 but does have a balcony.

There are only 2 of these rooms on the ship. We are lucky enough to have flexible travel time so I kept searching until I found a week where I could get the YC3.

You also have the use of a. Enter exclusive restaurant as YC passengers and the private YC Top Sail club in prime position on the ship.

The little extra for YC compared to carnival suite will more than be paid up by the perks never mind the cost of the free drinks!

YC2 are not located in the Yacht Club area (deck 15 & 16) but on deck 12. But as Shippy mentioned earlier the huge size of the suite makes it up.

Anything you eat and drink (incl. some premium alcoholic drinks) in the Yacht Club area is included and this is also the same for the roomservice 24 hours a day.