Importance of cabin on South America cruise

Mcdil44

I'm not sure. We are booked on the same cruise next January. Our travel agent recommended port side as they were the first cabins to get booked. I think I also read that somewhere on these boards. We booked a port cabin.

We had a port side cabin (Valparaiso-Buenos Aires). On seadays the ship are quite far out from the coast so you will just see the coastline in a distance. We also had an ocean wiev as the weather wasn't very varm. But I can't of course say anything about the starboard cabins. Anyway the portside was fine for us. :)

Best way to decide where to book your cabin TOTALLY depends on the itinerary....you want you ideal cabin to be on the side you will see the most.

So look at the cruise map of the ports and if the shore side is starboard- there is your best views...or port -

Sometimes the picture is not available so google the area of your cruise - have a list of the ports you visit - and mark your own path...."sometimes" either side is ok:D

Debra