Online check in

Jenhem31

How early do you need to check in for your cruise? I have the option to do it now, but I'm not cruising until April. Are there benefits to checking in so early???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I typically do check in as soon as possible after final payment so that I can print my boarding pass and get all my documents in order. I just don't like trying to do it last minute.

You're not going to get onboard any earlier because you did online check in before someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How early do you need to check in for your cruise? I have the option to do it now, but I'm not cruising until April. Are there benefits to checking in so early???

I did mine already cruising in May

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I wait until about a month before we cruise. If I print everything, it's just more for my disorganized self to lose track of. And yes, I keep a folder right in my desk with all of cruise stuff ..... but then I lose the folder too! Welcome to my world. LOL. But I always feel excited when I finally get to the point that I'm printing it all out. :D

I tend to do it a few months out... So, will be doing it soon. And yes, don't print out the tags until a few days before. And no, a color printer is not necessary. Though we have one, I tend to print in B/W for most things.

Steve

I print maybe a month out & check in as soon as I make final payment. I wouldn't wait long to do it.

My February cruise; I logged in 5 days before the trip & my booking showed I still owed & couldn't print my boarding pass. Luckily my pass was already printed, but I was looking at my rate to compare it to a new rate I found. It was straightened out, but what if I hadn't noticed that & what if I hadn't printed yet?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forums mobile app

I fill out all the online boarding after final payment and adjust as trip plans get finalized. I "print" to a pdf file and leave it on my desktop until several days before we travel. Then if there are any last minute changes (like the upgrade fairy) I haven't printed everything off for nothing. I also save this pdf file to my Dropbox account so I have an electronic copy of everything if there is a problem. Your booking will disappear a day or so before you go so don't wait to have a copy printed.

I've also been saving the images as PDF and saving them on my tablet, which now travels with us. Plus, I put the confirmation number, phone number, etc in the calendar, so I am doubly prepared.

Steve

I tend to do it a few months out... So, will be doing it soon. And yes, don't print out the tags until a few days before. And no, a color printer is not necessary. Though we have one, I tend to print in B/W for most things.

Steve

I save my luggage tags as a .pdf file and then go to Kinkos and have them print them in color, it cost $.75 for each luggage tag....works out cheaper than replacing color ink for me!

I fill out the online check in right after we do our final payment. There is no real point in waiting! I just like to make sure it gets done.

This is correct. DO it before one week before you sail

I'm going to wait until about a month before we sail (Oct 19) to complete my online checkin and print everything to a PDF. then as others have said, I'll physically print everything a week or so before the trip.

I could do it now, as I'm paid in full, but I KNOW that having them done too early will just drive me even crazier than I am now!

How can I hold out for the next 230 days????

When you set up your on board account and link your credit card, when does it actually take a hold of funds? We don't sail until April.

After you get onboard for your cruise.