Sailing out of NY in 2015??

Crusin Karen

We live 20 minutes from the port of Manhattan and have taken advantage of the low rates to cruise out of here in the winter months. Just got off Splendor yesterday. I was so upset to learn CCL will be discontinuing the winter cruises after the 10/24 repositioning cruise. :mad::( I have tried to find a cruise out of NY for the spring of 2015, but the schedule isn't out yet. Does anyone know when this will be or even IF they are going to bring a ship back to NY? :confused::confused: I am getting really upset thinking this might be my last CCL cruise since we only sail out of NY. :(:( TIA

Not 100% sure, but from what we heard when we sailed on Splendor in January 2014 an announcement was made around that time that as of the fall when they do the repositioning cruise it will no longer sail from NY. Also Splendor has been sold to one of the Carnival Sister companies so it will no longer be in the Carnival fleet as of 2016. No idea if they will plan on putting a different ship in NY, but my understanding that it will not sail in the winter months from NY because of weather issues.

Hi Karen :)

The Splendor will be sailing out of New York seasonally. Take a peek

at the below link.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5663

:)

Okay, thanks for that link. I hope they are putting SOMETHING here. We have sailed Splendor twice so it would be perfect if they put another ship here! I am just wondering because I have a certificate for a slightly reduced rate (15%) on a future cruise, but I have to book within 2 weeks of my sailing which would be 13 days from now. :eek: So wondered if they would have the spring schedules out soon and I could book something for April or May, 2015. :confused: I REALLY don't want to go to Canada/NE in October and while I would love to book the repositioning cruise for October, can't/won't fly home from SJ. :(

Not 100% sure, but from what we heard when we sailed on Splendor in January 2014 an announcement was made around that time that as of the fall when they do the repositioning cruise it will no longer sail from NY. Also Splendor has been sold to one of the Carnival Sister companies so it will no longer be in the Carnival fleet as of 2016. No idea if they will plan on putting a different ship in NY, but my understanding that it will not sail in the winter months from NY because of weather issues.

That is def. not like Carnival to do something like that. The still have the Fantasy which is a much much older ship (as well as all the other Fantasy class ships and the Spirit class ships and the conquest class ships). Take into account the funnel and other branding items, it does not appear to make much sense. Was the employee drinking?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Definitely not. It was after his shopping talk. We asked him why they were pulling it out of NY and he said because of unpredictable weather and that it was sold to I believe Costa and it would be refurbished for them. Don't know if this is just rumor or not. I have not been able to confirm or deny it.

We were just on the Splendor. They said there would be an unspecified Carnival ship back in 2016. I have heard various reasons for its leaving. Ice(this winter has been very bad but no worse than some or the weather problems they have had with Southern ports). The Northeast requires beginning sometime this year the use of expensive low sulfur fuel or expensive pollution control equipment not on the Splendor. When the ship now located in Baltimore leaves for its dry dock it will have the equipment installed and then return to Baltimore. NCL has two year round ships(and a third in the summer sometimes). Somehow they make it work economically....Princess started all year round from Brooklyn but only stayed one year.

We're from NY but are sailing in 2 weeks on the Pride out of Baltimore, and are definitely thinking of booking for next year again after the Pride gets all the Funship 2.0 upgrades. The drive to Baltimore is just a few hours -- May be worth it to you to consider Baltimore as an alternative to NY.

We're from NY but are sailing in 2 weeks on the Pride out of Baltimore, and are definitely thinking of booking for next year again after the Pride gets all the Funship 2.0 upgrades. The drive to Baltimore is just a few hours -- May be worth it to you to consider Baltimore as an alternative to NY.

Yes, we might have to do that next year. We just love the 8 day sailings, and the Pride has the 7 day. That extra day just kind of makes it so much better! :p Plus we live about 20 minutes from the port in Manhattan. We have been super spoiled being able to sail out of here. I think we are going to "cave in" and book the Canada/NE cruise for 10/4. Have been up there 3x and really don't want to go back, but it will just be a week long CTN! :pEnjoy your cruises. Pride is the ONLY Spirit ship we haven't been on. LOVE that class!

Yes, we might have to do that next year. We just love the 8 day sailings, and the Pride has the 7 day. That extra day just kind of makes it so much better! :p Plus we live about 20 minutes from the port in Manhattan. We have been super spoiled being able to sail out of here. I think we are going to "cave in" and book the Canada/NE cruise for 10/4. Have been up there 3x and really don't want to go back, but it will just be a week long CTN! :pEnjoy your cruises. Pride is the ONLY Spirit ship we haven't been on. LOVE that class!

Grandeur has 8 day and 10 day sailings out of Baltimore, if you need that extra day ;)

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app