Summit Cabin 6143/6144 OR 8185?

cruisecrazy82

Hello all! I am looking for suggestions on choosing between these 2 cabins. I know the main diff is that 8185 is an aft view but I have read some great things about the 2 cabins on deck six as well. They are all available at this point and I have 8185 booked, just looking for some input on what you would choose and why. I have had an aft balcony before and thought that would offer the best view for the Southern Caribbean itinerary on the Summit but like I said I have read equally great things on the other 2 cabins. TIA!:D

Hello all! I am looking for suggestions on choosing between these 2 cabins. I know the main diff is that 8185 is an aft view but I have read some great things about the 2 cabins on deck six as well. They are all available at this point and I have 8185 booked, just looking for some input on what you would choose and why. I have had an aft balcony before and thought that would offer the best view for the Southern Caribbean itinerary on the Summit but like I said I have read equally great things on the other 2 cabins. TIA!:D

All are good choices. I happen to be partial to 6143 (or 6144). Not as big a balcony, but certainly larger than most. Cabin also a bit larger. Because those 2 cabins are in suiteland, I think the quality of cabin service is better. Your cabin attendants will likely be the cabin attendants for the penthouse.

I have sailed in 6143/44 several times and loved them and their teak decks. However, when last in 6143 11 months ago, we were disappointed to find footstools were removed even though there is plenty of space for them. When we asked for them, we were informed that Concierge cabins were not entitled to footstools. However, we later found on a cabin crawl to an aft C1, that they indeed did have footstools.

It seems like a small thing, but since the full length lounge chairs that were once on the 6143/44 balconies had long ago been removed, it would have added to the enjoyment of the balcony to have had the use of a footstool.

Because of this change, we decided if we were ever to book a C1 on a M-class ship again, we would choose an aft for the additional balcony furniture.

Hopefully someone who has sailed since I last did, can confirm or deny if this is still the case.

I've not sailed in 6143 since all the refits. If they've removed the 2 loungers that used to be there, the balcony is not such an attractive deal any more. I don't know why Celebrity keeps shooting itself in the foot with the footstool issue. Footstools should be issued based on balcony size, not cabin class. Some cabins have balconies that are too small to accommodate footstools, even though they are allegedly entitled to them.

And, by the way, footstools in Concierge Class are standard on S class ships. So why not on M Class????? Another example of Celebrity's being consistently inconsistent.

We were in 8185 on the Constellation in December. The balcony is huge and we had two lounge style chairs with foot stools and 2 dining style chairs. It was also very convenient to the deck 10 buffet. We loved this cabin and will be in it again on Connie on March 22.

I can't comment on the other two as we've never stayed in them.

We have been in 6143 three times. Loved the oversized teak deck and the loungers, table and chairs. Also one side of the room is a service access for the crew so you only have neighbors on one side.

Going on the Infinity at the end of the month so will see what the deck furniture situation is.