Is Allure having problems?

BTW, I'm glad my husband isn't home tonight! He already thinks I'm crazy for sitting and watching the ships sail away. If he knew I was sitting here for hours waiting for a delayed ship he would probably have me committed!

You definitely aren't the only one! It's 23.20 here in England and I'm waiting to see it leave too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So we know forsure it's due to late flights? It's a bit of a coincedence this is happening right after dry/wet dock last week. And why is the Allure the only ship out of 7 holding back for late passengers? Wouldn't the other ships have been delayed too? :confused:

When we were on her in December we were delayed due to flight delay... then we had to wait for harbor traffic... we were hours waiting to sail... :) No worries... we made all our ports in time... and late arrivals were grateful that we waited! But those big tankers crossing past us just feet away in port was an incredible sight!

BTW, I'm glad my husband isn't home tonight! He already thinks I'm crazy for sitting and watching the ships sail away. If he knew I was sitting here for hours waiting for a delayed ship he would probably have me committed!

My wife thinks I'm nuts too watching every weekend.

Since I do the cooking, she just said "the Allure is backing everybody up! Even my dinner!"

Deal with it baby, I have to see her sail away!

Last conversation between Harbour Master and Allure's onboard staff was getting a bit ''tense''....Allure's crew now says ''we're looking good for 19;00hr;;...HarbourMaster impatient. Complained about 15 minutes ago of all '' these push backs'' which cause problems for other heavy traffic elsewhere,awaiting to come in.

I'm positive this delay is not ''flight delays-related'', as everybody else left pretty well within their normal time window...except Island P , 40 minutes off.

Also, earlier this afternoon, a lot of chatter between the USCG , onboard and shoreside staff about a significant discrepancy in pax count..'' we show 5,402 and the computer progress shows 4,xxx ( couldn't quite make out the ### ) ".

THAT would delay departure as USCG and/or TSA would not release a ship with a significant headcount discrepancy.

Since then, not a word from the onboard staff re; delayed departureother than ''we're now looking at xx;xxhr'' or '' we are pretty sure about xx;xxhr'' ...without any further chat about ''pending guests'' or ''stores goods delayed'',etc.etc...

Thank God they're only going to Nassau tomorrow...still lots of time to get there.....with a bit more fuel used.....

Edited by c-legs

Just heard 2100 now as their new departure time. Wow....we will get to see her leave in the dark.

:D

That's 2am here in England so I won't be watching sail away tonight then! Hope you are well Esmerelda! Not long til we will be on there!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by rodenboy

So we know forsure it's due to late flights? It's a bit of a coincedence this is happening right after dry/wet dock last week. And why is the Allure the only ship out of 7 holding back for late passengers? Wouldn't the other ships have been delayed too? :confused:

Probably because Royal Caribbean is trying to do the right thing and wait for their Choice Air passengers to get aboard. The Allure's repairs this past week went well and the ship spent almost 2 days at sea checking the systems on the repaired Azipod.

Maybe the other cruiselines didn't have a large number of delayed passengers or they decided to go as it is a passengers responsibility to be at and on the ship in time for departure.

Last conversation between Harbour Master and Allure's onboard staff was getting a bit ''tense''....Allure's crew now says ''we're looking good for 19;00hr;;...HarbourMaster impatient. Complained about 15 minutes ago of all '' these push backs'' which cause problems for other heavy traffic elsewhere,awaiting to come in.

I'm positive this delay is not ''flight delays-related'', as everybody else left pretty well within their normal time window...except Island P , 40 minutes off.

Also, earlier this afternoon, a lot of chatter between the USCG , onboard and shoreside staff about a significant discrepancy in pax count..'' we show 5,402 and the computer progress shows 4,xxx ( couldn't quite make out the ### ) ".

THAT would delay departure as USCG and/or TSA would not release a ship with a significant headcount discrepancy.

Since then, not a word from the onboard staff re; delayed departureother than ''we're now looking at xx;xxhr'' or '' we are pretty sure about xx;xxhr'' ...without any further chat about ''pending guests'' or ''stores goods delayed'',etc.etc...

Thank God they're only going to Nassau tomorrow...still lots of time to get there.....with a bit more fuel used.....

TSA has nothing to do with releasing a cruise ship to depart. TSA only provides security screening at airports in the US. Department of Homeland Security handles the clearance to depart for cruise ships.

Would they not have had a 2nd head count at the Muster Drill? Everyone's Seapass is scanned.

Just heard them say they are looking at a 18:30 (6:30) departure. Those with the late flights must be going crazy!

This is making me want to book with Choice Air and I plan on flying in 2 days early! LOL

This is why we book choice air. One year flying into Puerto Rico, we missed muster drill. But still had it at the makeup time.

TSA has nothing to do with releasing a cruise ship to depart. TSA only provides security screening at airports in the US. Department of Homeland Security handles the clearance to depart for cruise ships.

My bad....I did mean Homeland Security.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Would they not have had a 2nd head count at the Muster Drill? Everyone's Seapass is scanned.

If there is that large of a difference between the manifest count and the actual passengers on board the muster drill may not have taken place yet.

That is precisely when the ''chatter '' started; after muster....

Just disregard my last post. I was typing that as you were posting your mention of the radio chatter starting after the muster drill....